• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

'04 MOA Rally

MarkF

Lots of rumors...

When you guys get back from W.VA. could you please post the scoop on next year? Location, venue, etc.

Is it really back to the west coast, again?

MarkF

Be happy to Mark. But, keep an eye on the forum as someone may post something during the Charleston rally.

Chuck Manley
Director, BMW MOA
Rally Site Selection Team Liaison

04 Location

I can tell you that it will be a shorter trip for you this year then it will be next year. :p

Friedle
BMW MOA Board of Directors
Rally Site Selection Team member

I hope it is back out west, we need a good excuse to head cross country again. :D Colorado or Montana would be nice.

Vicki

At the Iowa Rally I was told that it was at Laguna Seca, CA. We'll know for sure Thursday the 10th.

"Riding like the wind" to Charleston...

Chuck Manley
Director, BMW MOA

Rally History?

Could someone tell me where to find a list of past national rally sites? Why is the next year rally location a secret?:confused: :confused:

Re: Rally History?

Jon said:
Could someone tell me where to find a list of past national rally sites? Why is the next year rally location a secret?:confused: :confused:

Look in your Anonymous Book for a listing of past National Rally sites and Rally chairs.

While we try to identify potential sites as far as five years in advance, contracts aren't always signed or details finalized. Remember, these events are entirely volunteer driven. We need to take one event at a time to make it somewhat manageable, plus the host location is not always ready for us to announce the location too far in advance. Many lodgings will not take reservations more than a year in advance amongst other considerations.

In a week from now, the 04 location won't be a secret any more. Come to Charleston and you'll be amongst the first to know.

:p

2003 rally a bust

I think the membership needs to know whats in the running for upcomming national rallys. If any are to have the 2003 format (ie. motel/hotel rallye) the membership may like to change the destination or at least the format. The 2003 rallye, in my opinion, was a logistical disaster---We went home a day early---transportation sucked!!

Re: 2003 rally a bust

Unregistered said:
The 2003 rallye, in my opinion, was a logistical disaster---We went home a day early---transportation sucked!!

I wasn't there but I've stated before my preference for one location, away from city centers where everyone and everything on site is within walking distance. That's what it will take to get me to attend.

MarkF

P.S. Even if it "sucked" I don't think I would go home early.

Last edited:
03 rally

I just got back and thought the rally was excellent. Great roads, great hospitality, And a good first try at having a hotel and tent based rally. Sure a few things can get better, but it was well planned, and although different this style of rally shows some promise. I arrived Wednesday after taking the excellent roads noted on the website, (Thanks Ian) I left this AM and just got home. Thanks for a great rally

Craig Cleasby

I thought the concept was great, the transportation was effective and I had a great time.

If we had a larger college campus, with the hotels right nearby (like in walking distance) it would have been absolutely perfect.

The vendor area was fantastic and I liked having a place to walk to for lunch that didn't have a line a mile long.

Our hotel was a terrific value and it was fun to party with some of my buds that were also staying at that hotel.

See you cats in Spokane!

dave

Re: 2003 rally a bust

The 2003 rallye, in my opinion, was a logistical disaster---We went home a day early---transportation sucked!! [/QUOTE]

OK...you weren't happy. Can you perhaps post some ideas for improvements with your criticism? That way mistakes can be avoided at future events.

Why bother?:dunno The venders were excellent, the seminars were great; it was a good trade show. Without the community of one location you are no longer talking rally, it's a motorcycle trade show. I hope lessons have been learned and we don't repeat Charlston again.:banghead

Does anyone know where in Spokane the rally is going to be?

County Fairgrounds, etc?

thanks, rpg

03 Rally

I agree the rally was rather disappointing. The city in my opinion was not condusive to a gathering of friends....

Charleston is a beautiful city and one I would re visit and suggest to others, but a good rally location it is not.

It was almost impossible to stumble upon old friends and new for that matter as there really was no central meeting area. A central camping area or ground zero is an important part to these rallys in my mind. In Canada I saw so many people because for the most part well could all congregate there.

Just my 2 cents which isn't worth much....

I will commend MOA on the vendor show....very well done.

rally WV

No official or unofficial GS ride was lame.

Was really one of the only reason I traveled. That and to see friends I never saw either...

Viva Spokane!

As explained in ealier postings, no one volunteered to lead a GS ride so the staff arranged for a an off road touring outfit to do so. Considering the weather, I expect the conditions were pretty awful

Back