• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Agatt

..and here I always thought it was supposed to be ATGATT..

Anyway...while riding someplace, I don't remember anymore where it was, I stopped for fuel, filled up my tank and walked inside to pay (the credit card didn't work) - all without taking my helmet off.
The attendant threw a fit. She said, I should not come inside again with my helmet on, because they were concerned about robbers trying to hide their identity

...not come inside again with my helmet on, because they were concerned about robbers trying to hide their identity

Been a problem in most places for a while now, ever since the first 7-11 robbery. Also, no hoodies, no face masks of any kind, all of which are problems when the weather is really cold. I just learned to always remove my helmet before I go inside anywhere.

Been a problem in most places for a while now, ever since the first 7-11 robbery. Also, no hoodies, no face masks of any kind, all of which are problems when the weather is really cold. I just learned to always remove my helmet before I go inside anywhere.

I fool 'em and pay at the pump with my bank card. Heck with the rules...
unless you want to talk about fashion rules. I always thought it was funny, to see guys wandering about in stores with their helmets on.

I fool 'em and pay at the pump with my bank card. Heck with the rules...
unless you want to talk about fashion rules. I always thought it was funny, to see guys wandering about in stores with their helmets on.

Been there, done that in order to save time on an Iron Butt SS1000. No-one said anything but I do agree it feels wrong somehow.

Last edited:
Yeah, it feels weird, maybe that's why I like my flip-up. But 'comon your pulling cash out and HANDING IT TO HER, right? Money freaked her out? Baaadd capitalist servant...

I can't see it very well in that picture, but that almost looks like a bicycle helmet - like it has vent holes in the front above the visor. That would fit with escaping on a bicycle.

Back