• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMW/Wunderlich comfort & ergo seats

Korotro

Good day, I am on a mission to get off the stock seat on my recently purchased 1200 RT. Does anyone have the BMW dual comfort seat or the Wunderlich ergo seat? If so whats ur take away on them?? Can you recommend them or pass? The closest I have to a custom seat build is Rich's Custom Seats in Kingston, Wa. thx

BMW Comfort Seat / Sargent Seat

I think seats are a personal fit item. The seat that works for me may not be right for you.
I bought the comfort seat thinking I would use it for my short day rides in place of the stock BMW seat and save my Sargent seat for longer rides.
I found the comfort seat marginally better than the stock seat. It moved my body position forward and caused more leg discomfort while delaying the onset of seat fatigue. Although the driver back support is nice it pushed me in a more forward position than I'm comfortable with.
Switching from the two piece and the Comfort seat involved removing the mid support blocks. It wasn't a big deal but something you wouldn't do on the fly.
The Sargent seat has served me well on long day rides but I can't say it is complete total comfort. It would be nice to try some of the others but unless a friend has one to share I'm happy enough with this seat to spend my money on something else.

I think seats are a personal fit item. The seat that works for me may not be right for you.
I bought the comfort seat thinking I would use it for my short day rides in place of the stock BMW seat and save my Sargent seat for longer rides.
I found the comfort seat marginally better than the stock seat. It moved my body position forward and caused more leg discomfort while delaying the onset of seat fatigue. Although the driver back support is nice it pushed me in a more forward position than I'm comfortable with.
Switching from the two piece and the Comfort seat involved removing the mid support blocks. It wasn't a big deal but something you wouldn't do on the fly.
The Sargent seat has served me well on long day rides but I can't say it is complete total comfort. It would be nice to try some of the others but unless a friend has one to share I'm happy enough with this seat to spend my money on something else.

I guess the real question was "is the comfort seat a worthwhile investment or just move on to a custom seat". You see I just got off a HD Road King and the seat that I had was wider,softer and more comfortable than stock.The payoff in the investment was worthwhile. When I jumped on the RT I was sitting high and feeling like I was on the bike not part of the bike and the seat was kind of narrow. A month ago I managed to get the low seat and that made a world of difference with my centre of mass lower it made the bike easier to handle. Can't find a dealer who has one in stock so that makes things a little tougher but think I will wait till I can try one out, thx for ur input "marginal" is a key word, appreciate it, cheers!

If you can eat the cost, you can save yourself a lot of time, and money, by getting a Russell. Rick, or Bill, Mayer may be comparable but they're nearly as expensive. As is noted above, seats are a subjective thing. If money is a concern, look up Spencer something motorcycle seats. A Google search week get you to his website. He's gotten very good reviews and his prices are very reasonable. From what I've read anyway. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

If you can eat the cost, you can save yourself a lot of time, and money, by getting a Russell. Rick, or Bill, Mayer may be comparable but they're nearly as expensive. As is noted above, seats are a subjective thing. If money is a concern, look up Spencer something motorcycle seats. A Google search week get you to his website. He's gotten very good reviews and his prices are very reasonable. From what I've read anyway. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Thx kltk, appreciate it, went on the Russell website and it looks good, had the dealer bring in a BMW comfort seat so thats a start. Good off season stuff. Some good reading on the subject from all of the retailers websites, its going to happen. cheers

Thx kltk, appreciate it, went on the Russell website and it looks good, had the dealer bring in a BMW comfort seat so thats a start. Good off season stuff. Some good reading on the subject from all of the retailers websites, its going to happen. cheers

Going to unload the stock seat, on its way to EBay!

Last edited:
Back