• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Fuel injecter electrical connection fastener?

james1300

I am installing a Power Commander 3 on my bike.
Power Commander piggy backs their wire harness on top of the BMW harness.

I have never removed the electrical connection on top of a BMW fuel injecter.
But, I need to now.

"How do I 'manipulate' this silver wire connector"?

I don't dare break or damage anything.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly you push on the wire clip pushing it to the rightish in your picture. Do not remove the wire clip, just push on it.

If I remember correctly you push on the wire clip pushing it to the rightish in your picture. Do not remove the wire clip, just push on it.

That's it, that's all. They can be a bit, what is the politically correct word for a female dog..........................oh yeah, a bitch. A good wiggle with the center pressed and they should pop right off. Worst case, very worst, take the spring off and wiggle the connector off. It's usually something stupid and complicated to prevent them from coming off like somebody used a corrosion inhibitor incompatible with the silicone seal inside the connector.

Some time ago, all the German manufacturers got together and decided, "Ya, we screw wit da North Americans and make da connector for our tiny German fingers."

Not to be offensive to anybody, especially the Germans, they make good stuff and are awesome machinists, but I got myself a pair of fat mitts that are supposed to be my fingers. Trying pushing that little thingy when your finger is bigger than the connector.

Back