• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Excellent riding partner

When's the movie coming out, and who's going to play Jack?

Dear Reece:

Believe it or not, there have been a couple of soft taps on this by at least one studio. Because of the way the book is written, it lends itself to a screenplay adaptation. While I pictured Vin Diesel or Jason Stratham in my role, a legendary BMW mechanic in eastern Pennsylvania suggested Danny DeVito. I am surrounded by jealous and vicious critics. I will play the role myself if the brunettes are Olga Kurylenko or Kate Beckensale.

Reep

Dear Rock Bottom:
This will be true if I die soon. I caught a former wife putting arsenic in my coffee yesterday. Anything is possible.

Hey Jack: While I am waiting for my copy of the book to arrive (ordered while I was down on Curacao for a meeting and some diving last week !) the above statement begs the question of how many former wives are gunning for you ???

Hey Jack: While I am waiting for my copy of the book to arrive (ordered while I was down on Curacao for a meeting and some diving last week !) the above statement begs the question of how many former wives are gunning for you ???

Dear ka5ysy:

I am very glad you responded to one of my replies. I am trying to make an absolute science (or process) out of turning around book orders on the same day (weekday). And I didn't recall shipping anything out to "Prairieville" in the last two weeks. I just scanned my orders and confirmed that. Can you please zap me your order info to me at jack.riepe@gmail.com

You should have gotten that book within 4 business days of your order. Something is askew.

Riepe

I've had 29 years of marital bliss ? to three different women. I've learned to let the dog taste my food and to start the car covering my ears.

And, more importantly, are a good shot?

Dear Rockbottom:

I was married to a doe-eyed foreign lady from an Eastern Bloc country. We were visiting a friend who had a private shooting range. My wife took a Ruger Mini-30 and fired five shots at the paper. Two hit. She made a face and put in another clip. Then, in rapid fire, she put all five close enough to the center to elicit awe from the onlookers.

She said, "Is good gun... But is no Kalasknikov."

I never turned my back on her again.

Riepe

Back