• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Heidenau TIRES:)

Polarbear

Polarbear
Just completing a 12000m journey to Arctic Ocean and home now, the Heidenau Tires are awesome!!! I used the GSA1200 version, 50/50 tires by them and they worked so much better than ever expected. I expected a lot. My front made the entire trip and still has 3000m left EASY! A 14-15000 tire, WOW! My rear made it to Whitehorse, Yukon with 10000m on it with some left, maybe another 1500m of life. This is on a HEAVILY loaded GSA1200, camping gear and all at 950lbs., me on board. What can you say, NOBODY offers this or not until now. Nothing compares, period.....Rode in all conditions with no complaints, whatsoever! Think my shopping tires days are over, you bet, as my choice is made quite easy as long as I ride a GSA1200:). I bought a spare rear to carry with me to the far North, because the Salem Rally vendor sold them cheap and I needed one to replace the one on bike that was not going to finish this trip. Got as far as Whitehorse, Yukon and the HONDA dealer there is awesome too!!! They did my tire and balance for 25$, I gave them the rim. Took me right in FAST:). Remember them, for those of you travelling NORTH. John, the service MGR did my tire and even loaned me a tool to break lug nuts that were very tight. HONDA, Whitehorse,Yukon...Good folks! Seems most bikers going North were carrying tires. Good idea. Randy

There's a couple of threads on ADVRider about these tires. Some positive, some negative. The main complaint was stiffness, some a loss of air pressure and one, a total destruction of the tire after a continued high-speed highway run. Most of the negative comments were offset by a rider with a positive experience. Your trip sounds great. It's on my list.
Doug

Me too;

Heard all the remarks myself from same sources you likely did! IGNORE most all of them, I do and find the tires WAY above average in performance as 50/50 tires:). We have three bikes with these now and all are showing substantial improvements over Metzler and BStones previous used by the dozens over the years. We are in our first sets, my GSA in 2nd rear and I have no indication I need a change again to another brand. Anybody else make s a 50/50 tire? Nobody so far...I look see if they do:). I just gave my Heidenaus a run for the money to ARCTIC OCEAN and back and they proved so worthy, I could not imagine running another of my previous choices.....You cannot test a tire more than this ride I just completed, all terrain thrown at it!!! Not one burb:). Randy

Back