Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 96

Thread: Is Mexico Safe for Riders?

  1. #61
    Registered User David13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lomita, California
    Posts
    796
    Another kid who thinks tee vee is reality.
    How many of those were American tourists, did they tell you that? Did you ask?
    Nobody gets killed in northern New Jersey?
    Come on, even if you are from Joisey you should be able to come up with better fantasies than that.
    dc

  2. #62
    Registered User David13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lomita, California
    Posts
    796
    For anyone who wants to know the truth about Mexico, here is a ride report, made by people who actually have gone to Mexico.
    http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=922187
    There are actually people who, rather than sit around and watch tv to get an education, go places.
    In fact there were 15,000,000 that went to Mexico last year.
    Is there anyone here who can name one that came back dead? Neither can I.
    The murder rate amongst those 15,000,000 American tourists in Mexico last year was 1/8 of what the murder rate is here in the good ole USA.
    Can you get killed anywhere? Yes. Is there gang activity everywhere? Yes.
    Has anyone ever heard of Oakland, California?
    Does the news media exaggerate things?
    dc

  3. #63
    Registered User David13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lomita, California
    Posts
    796
    If you want to look at statistics, here's some.
    First, 409 murders in New Jersey.
    http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/201...k_trenton.html
    Number of American tourists in Mexico last year. Approximately 15,000,000.
    The supposed numbers vary from 6,000,000 to 20,000,000.
    Fox News Latino reports maybe 100 murders of Americans in Mexico in 2013.
    I'm not going to New Jersey.
    In fact, to anyone in New Jersey, I would recommend going to Mexico, or hiding under the bed. I think you are in danger.
    Also, don't go near a motorcycle. Those things are too dangerous. I know. I saw it on tv.

    Further, the number of total deaths you think you saw on tv is greatly exaggerated, maybe 5 times more than the other sources report.
    And, of those Americans murdered in Mexico, how many were involved in the drug trade, in any way?
    dc

  4. #64
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Eastern KY
    Posts
    3,315
    Not to attack NJ but it's not the most comfy place for me & I have honestly- "been around the block". Only place in USA where I've seen gas station attendants with "the belt" locked around their waist. I know it gets tamer in other areas but still far from what I'm used to in the land of unlocked houses here in E. KY! Not many bars on doors & windows here either... In contrast to NJ, in Mexico the gas guys/gals carry a large wad of cash all day long & all is well. In over 20,000 miles of riding MX I just don't find it to be the horrible thing that's advertised. Is there an horrible problem there with cartel violence? YES! Does it affect tourists? NO! Well, almost never...
    This is headed nowhere, I'm officially out of the thread comment wise.
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.

  5. #65
    Certifiable Old Fart beemerdons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    757
    Quote Originally Posted by kantuckid View Post
    Not to attack NJ but it's not the most comfy place for me & I have honestly- "been around the block". Only place in USA where I've seen gas station attendants with "the belt" locked around their waist. I know it gets tamer in other areas but still far from what I'm used to in the land of unlocked houses here in E. KY! Not many bars on doors & windows here either... In contrast to NJ, in Mexico the gas guys/gals carry a large wad of cash all day long & all is well. In over 20,000 miles of riding MX I just don't find it to be the horrible thing that's advertised. Is there an horrible problem there with cartel violence? YES! Does it affect tourists? NO! Well, almost never...
    This is headed nowhere, I'm officially out of the thread comment wise.
    +1, Gunny; I was stationed at Fort Dix while serving in US Army, per capita Trenton is much more dangerous than Ciudad Juarez! jes' sayin' and nuff said!
    Don Stanley; aka Chuy Medina "El Burrito Ballerina"
    BMWMOA #24810; www.azbeemers.org/forum #89

  6. #66
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Posts
    758
    Quote Originally Posted by David13 View Post
    Another kid who thinks tee vee is reality.
    How many of those were American tourists, did they tell you that? Did you ask?
    Nobody gets killed in northern New Jersey?
    Come on, even if you are from Joisey you should be able to come up with better fantasies than that.
    dc
    You're another guy who thinks TV is reality.
    I'm from Joisey, am Italian, and believe it or not, I'm not in the mafia.

    Sure, there are murders in New Jersey, most victims lived with their murderer or were in a gang or did drug business with them.
    Not too many, none that I can recall are visitors who go missing or get murdered. I never knew a motorcyclist that was passing thru who was lost forever or murdered.

    A co worker was a serious crime victim in Mexico.
    My wife was a crime victim in Mexico and we were only there for a one day stopover from a cruise.

  7. #67
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Posts
    758
    Beemerdons,
    Trenton is no garden spot, but you got it wrong...no surprise....

    Ciudad Juarez is one of the fastest growing cities in the world despite being called "the most violent zone in the world outside of declared war zones" in 2009.

    As of August 2009, Juarez's murder rate was the highest reported in the world, exceeding the holders of the second and third highest rates by more than 25%.

  8. #68
    Registered User David13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lomita, California
    Posts
    796
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicVW View Post
    You're another guy who thinks TV is reality.
    I'm from Joisey, am Italian, and believe it or not, I'm not in the mafia.

    Sure, there are murders in New Jersey, most victims lived with their murderer or were in a gang or did drug business with them.
    Not too many, none that I can recall are visitors who go missing or get murdered. I never knew a motorcyclist that was passing thru who was lost forever or murdered.

    A co worker was a serious crime victim in Mexico.
    My wife was a crime victim in Mexico and we were only there for a one day stopover from a cruise.
    And you, your wife, and nobody you know was ever a crime victim right here in the USA? Yeah, sure.
    dc

  9. #69
    Registered User David13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lomita, California
    Posts
    796
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicVW View Post
    Beemerdons,
    Trenton is no garden spot, but you got it wrong...no surprise....

    Ciudad Juarez is one of the fastest growing cities in the world despite being called "the most violent zone in the world outside of declared war zones" in 2009.

    As of August 2009, Juarez's murder rate was the highest reported in the world, exceeding the holders of the second and third highest rates by more than 25%.
    Actually, Detroit, Michigan, garden spot of the midwest tied Ciudad Juarez in murder rate, and New Orleans, Louisiana out did Ciudad Juarez.
    Yes, the Big Easy. Easy to get murdered.
    But I should be real scared of Mexico.
    Take a look at South Africa, and Caracas, Venezuela.
    dc

  10. #70
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Posts
    758
    Quote Originally Posted by David13 View Post
    And you, your wife, and nobody you know was ever a crime victim right here in the USA? Yeah, sure.
    dc
    So, to bolster your own faulty beliefs, you're calling me a liar? I can post more details, it would take 6 or 7 paragraphs, and you'd probably still say it was B.S.
    No, she was never a crime victim in the USA.

  11. #71
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Posts
    758
    Quote Originally Posted by David13 View Post
    Actually, Detroit, Michigan, garden spot of the midwest tied Ciudad Juarez in murder rate, and New Orleans, Louisiana out did Ciudad Juarez.
    Yes, the Big Easy. Easy to get murdered.
    But I should be real scared of Mexico.
    Take a look at South Africa, and Caracas, Venezuela.
    dc
    ( I dont see where you got that info from but lets say its true)..
    So just because they tied that makes Mexico safe? I dont see the logic. So, do you want to tour Detroit on your motorcycle?

  12. #72
    Registered User David13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lomita, California
    Posts
    796
    But that's exactly my point about all the stuff you posted about Mexico?
    So what? Nobody said you had to go to Mexico. Nobody asked you to go to Mexico. So why spout off all the hot air like rain on someone else's parade?
    You know, there were some who posted here that if a member didn't have anything nice to say, good manners said ... say nothing.
    I don't know if you heard anything like that ever before.
    Who cares what you think about Mexico? Certainly not I, so why bother. Certainly not the people who go and enjoy it.
    I wouldn't ride Detroit, New Orleans, or any more of Oakland than just to get thru'.
    But more importantly, why do you bother with this word safe? Don't you know there is no such thing?
    It mostly is a means for the government, and other self righteous people to take freedom and rights away from the citizens.
    So they will be "safe". So they will be "safe from themselves". So 'the children' will be "safe".
    There is no such thing. It's an illusion. Even if you hide under your bed in Jersey, you ain't safe. Something or someone can still get you.
    So why do you waste your time criticizing other peoples lives? You shouldn't, you know.
    dc

  13. #73
    not so retired henzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    between SanAntone & the Weird Place, TX
    Posts
    6,154


    Let's take a breath here fellas
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

  14. #74
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    955
    "So, do you want to tour Detroit on your motorcycle?"


    I did that once about three years ago,by virtue of taking the wrong exit off I-96 ...I do not want to do that gain....
    Ron Prior {AMA member 30+ years,MOA member 20+years}
    Milford,Oh
    2002 KLT
    2004 Roadster

  15. #75
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Posts
    758
    Quote Originally Posted by 71243 View Post
    "So, do you want to tour Detroit on your motorcycle?"


    I did that once about three years ago,by virtue of taking the wrong exit off I-96 ...I do not want to do that gain....
    Did the same thing going throuh D.C. !

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •