• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Brake Pads

First thing to consider is that brakes are a critical safety item. Consider other ways of saving cash but don't scrimp on safety items.
Other things to consider:
- It's buyer beware in the wild world of eBay.
- I would be looking to find out where those brake pads are manufactured. Quality counts for brakes.
- You can get EBC pads for $10 more and they are a well known alternative to stock.
- Brake pads are going to be on your bike for 25k miles. Why bother taking the chance?
- Stock BMW pads last and function extremely well but do cost more.

I don't use no-name parts, period. All a pad is is a metal backer with an applied friction material- alost any moron can make them and many have. I've seen more brake pads fail in track play than any other vehicle part so I will only use what I know to be fact and understand its limits.

Carbon-kevalr, if it is really that and not something else, are a low temp moderate coefficient material. A modest upgrade from an old fashioned organic pad.

Your bike will work better with EBC HH sintered stuff. It and similar are the best performing stuff and easy enough on rotors. Many BMW dealers use and recommend them because they are cheaper than stock replacments, often by a factor of 2.

ditto above replies.

EBC HH or Carbone Lorraine are good replacements and higher performance (more friction, shorter life) than OEM.

The drawback with a more performant set is some increased wear to the rotors.
This is just not an issue for me since I only run about 2500-5000 miles a year.

By the way the picture shown at the link - the front pads look right but I don't think the rears are square as shown.
I'm not sure they're correct.

Be careful.

First thing to consider is that brakes are a critical safety item. Consider other ways of saving cash but don't scrimp on safety items.
Other things to consider:

- You can get EBC pads for $10 more and they are a well known alternative to stock.

I think the price for these FleaBay pads is $24.99 for the FULL SET. Such a deal. Especially considering that their high performance is due to their "high tensile strength to weight".

What a crock. :banghead

In the 172K on my 94 RS I have replaced the brake pads three times. Two sets of SBS and one set of EBC. Pleased with the results of both brands. For brake pads I'll stick to name brands.

Back