• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

GPS and Sena SMH10 Pairing

sernsb

Does anyone have recommendations for non-Zumo GPS models that will pair up with the Sena SMH10 so as to receive turn-by-turn directions and phone calls?

I have the same question. I have several Garmin Nuvi units that I would like to use, yet no one seems to be able to answer what is compatible. You would think that with Bluetooth 3.0, interconnections would be a foregone conclusion. True not only for Sena but Carda and Interphase and others.

Someone needs to step up and figure this out :)

I posed the question to Revizilla as I've searched for a non-motorcycle bluetooth-enabled GPS to cut down on the outrageous cost from Garmin. After Revzilla spent time doing some research, they found out that the bluetooth functionality for non-motorcycle GPS is different than that of the motorcycle specific models. They checked with Garmin, Magellan and Tom Tom. One way for these companies to hold the premium pricing for motorcycle model GPS! Consequently, there doesn't seem to be a way around using a motorcycle model if you truly want all the features of turn-by-turn directions, intercom, phone and MP3 piped into your helmet com system. Bummer!

Back