Thread: R1200RT : unique foot peg relocation

R1200RT : unique foot peg relocation

Once my R1200RT was released from the ?Stop Ride? order, I finally got the chance to do some riding.
    After a few long rides I decided the foot peg location needed to be changed.

I spent much time looking at the offerings that were available.
    Nothing on the market satisfied me, they all look like an add on.

I thought I could do better.
    I designed my own relocation method.
    You have to look closely to see that these are not original equipment.

After looking at the results of my work it occurred that others may be interested in what I have done.

If you own 2014 or newer R1200RT you may be interested.
    You can see more at http://Grenacdesigns.com

ptwest -

It's great that you have figured out a different approach to the foot peg location, and nice that you show others what can be done. Just so you realize, the forum Posting Guidelines don't allow conducting business on the forum. That can be done in the Flea Market which has a link at the top of the page. Or if you want, you might consider going down the forum to Opportunities - Members and Vendors located here:

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/forumdispla...rs-and-Vendors

This forum gives you a place to showcase an idea that you might have.

After a bit of time, most likely your post will be moved to the Opportunities forum so that it is keeping with the posting guidelines.

Thanks...
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Okay, Sorry.

I will go to the Vendor area.

The Flea Market has become so messed up in the recent change I do not find it useful.
    Doing a search in the Flea Market now produces ads from lots of places, not just members.

Thanks for help!

Patrick West

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    ptwest -

It's great that you have figured out a different approach to the foot peg location, and nice that you show others what can be done. Just so you realize, the forum Posting Guidelines don't allow conducting business on the forum. That can be done in the Flea Market which has a link at the top of the page. Or if you want, you might consider going down the forum to Opportunities - Members and Vendors located here:

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/forumdispla...rs-and-Vendors

This forum gives you a place to showcase an idea that you might have.

After a bit of time, most likely your post will be moved to the Opportunities forum so that it is keeping with the posting guidelines.

Thanks...

I am glad you posted this mod on this forum thread first cause otherwise I would have never found it.

Great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by wethead View Post
    I am glad you posted this mod on this forum thread first cause otherwise I would have never found it.

Great idea.
    I can understand that this forum area might be more prominent, but we do try to keep things within the guidelines are there for all to read and there are other places to bring this to light.

There are ways to post this kind of information without stepping over the line. If it were me, I would have posted the idea of what I'd had done, including a picture within the forum...no link to the website. Then I would have ended with something like "If you would like to discuss it, please contact me via PM." To me, that would have been no problem.

Given that he has opened a thread in the Opportunities area, I'm closing this thread. If you want to continue discussions about his design, please visit that thread. Thanks...
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!