• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New owner of 2004 R1150RT. Need advise on windshields.

F

Fig

My shield is 14 1/2" high 23" wide. Not helping unless is in highest position. Found one from Parabellum.com I like. I am 6'2" sitting in middle position. Is 2 1/2" high enough, they also offer one 4" higher? Any wisdom?

My shield is 14 1/2" high 23" wide. Not helping unless is in highest position. Found one from Parabellum.com I like. I am 6'2" sitting in middle position. Is 2 1/2" high enough, they also offer one 4" higher? Any wisdom?
Welcome to the forum! As you will probably get better answers in the Oilhead section, I'll send it on over for you. Enjoy the forum.
Gary

You might try duct taping a couple thicknesses of cardboard to the existing screen to try various extension dimensions.

I am 6'2" and have a CeeBaileys shield with the Euro cut.
Couldn't ask for more.
I do tend to slouch a bit, so if In sit up straighter, there is a bit more air on the helmet.

6"1" with a 2004 RT and have CeeBailey's with Euro cut and four inches over stock. Works great in the down position and raise it one inch and puts me and my passenger in a very nice calm air zone.

Attachments

• SAM_1925.jpg
    SAM_1925.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 76
I'm 6'2'', and have the Cee Bailey's #2 3" taller with Euro cut. I should have got the 4'' taller. I have my seat on the middle adjusters, but, I sit on a thin piece of dense foam and a set of seat beads, so with out those, 3'' would be perfect. As it is now, if I raise the shield half way, It is smooth and quiet air and still look over the top, but if I put it all the way up, I have to look through the top curved area. Stll doable, but the 4'' would have been better.

6"1" with a 2004 RT and have CeeBailey's with Euro cut and four inches over stock. Works great in the down position and raise it one inch and puts me and my passenger in a very nice calm air zone.

NavyDad, I see you do as I do when I have the wife and extra bags on long trips. Additional GS mirrors.

Don't forget that overall height of a person, can have big diffences with head height. I'm 5' 9" but have short legs and long body. Always have trouble with head room in sport cars, even though I'm relatively short.
My RT came with a taller version of screen and it works like a champ.

On my 2000 RT I have a Z-Technic that I've been using for about 5 years and couldn't be happier. I'm 6'1" and ride with the seat in the highest position plus have seat spacers, and the shield works flawlessly.

I have an Aeroflow on my '04 RT. It's been on there so long that I've forgotten the dimensions of it. Very happy with it though.

On my 2000 RT I have a Z-Technic that I've been using for about 5 years and couldn't be happier. I'm 6'1" and ride with the seat in the highest position plus have seat spacers, and the shield works flawlessly.

1998 R1100RT
+1 Z! also it is polycarbonate, very tough.

I'm 6" 2' -ish, highest seat position. With the windshield all the way up there is no wind hitting the helmet, it's very quiet. However this puts the top edge directly in front of my eyeballs so I lower it about an inch, and I start getting some air in the top vents of the helmet then.

Back