• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Dealers in Paris?

jiminsf

I'm looking to pick up an AirFlow 2 helmet while I'm in Paris (working) next week, anyone have any experience with any dealers there?

Which one?

Paris, Arkansas
Paris, California, former name of Loraine, California
Paris, Idaho
Paris, Illinois
Paris, Kentucky
Paris, Maine
Paris, Michigan
Paris, Missouri
Paris, New York
Paris, Ohio
Paris, Pennsylvania
Paris, Tennessee
Paris, Texas
Paris, Virginia
Paris, Grant County, Wisconsin
Paris, Kenosha County, Wisconsin

Paris, Ontario, Canada
Paris, Yukon Territory, Canada

Paris, France

Which one?

Paris, Arkansas
Paris, California, former name of Loraine, California
Paris, Idaho
Paris, Illinois
Paris, Kentucky
Paris, Maine
Paris, Michigan
Paris, Missouri
Paris, New York
Paris, Ohio
Paris, Pennsylvania
Paris, Tennessee
Paris, Texas
Paris, Virginia
Paris, Grant County, Wisconsin
Paris, Kenosha County, Wisconsin

Paris, Ontario, Canada
Paris, Yukon Territory, Canada

Paris, France

I'm not sure about Canada but they don't sell the AirFlow 2 in the U.S. And yes, I meant France. :)

I guess money is not an object...:scratch Europe is notoriously more expensive than the U.S. But if there is an item you can only get there, and you desperately need it....
Best price I can find is 370 Euros approx $480.-plus, for an open face helmet????

Wow! That's even more expensive! $510.-
But you will sure be part of a real exclusive crowd, wearing this helmet.

I'm not sure about Canada but they don't sell the AirFlow 2 in the U.S. And yes, I meant France. :)

BMW helmets including the Airflow are available in Canada, but cannot be sold to US customers per BMW's orders.

France.
nize!
Chz!

If you must do Paris; Paris,KY is much easier to get around & ya don't have to crinkle yer little finger when drinking yer brewskies...:brow Chz!-& lots of fancy horses & "farms"(horse stalls w/AC!,ala,nize!) about the area too!

I have experience with dealers there

I'm looking to pick up an AirFlow 2 helmet while I'm in Paris (working) next week, anyone have any experience with any dealers there?

just not helmet dealers. I rode into France in the early 80's on a rented bmw. We entered France through the town of Pussy. That's no joke, it's pronounced Pysi.
Anyway, we stopped at a pastry dealer and waited patiently while they ignored us for 15 minutes. My wife and I got back on the bmw and rode back through Pussy, waving to all the pussy people until we got into Italy. We stopped at a pastry dealer asap and had some Cannoli's; they were great and so were the Italian people.

Anyway, that's the only experience I have with dealers in France.

DW

If you're over by the Marais district, there's a scooter dealership adjacent to the BHV department store. You might find some interesting European market scooter helmets in that shop. During my last trip, several years ago, Givi had some unique and interesting models with lots of air vents.

I thought about one of those but BMW is right when they call them an "urban" helmet. I live in dairy farm country where the composition of the air is about 40% insects. I'd get a full meal's worth of bugs on every ride with that helmet. That said, I am considering one of these:

View attachment 41168

Wasn't that used on Hannibal Lecter (Anthony Hopkins) in Silence of the Lambs?

If you go to the the Arc de Triomphe, look for the Avenue De La Grande Armee, its opposite of the Avenue De Champs -Elysees. Most of the bike shops in Paris are there within a short walk of the Arc De Triomphe. One of those shops are sure to have what you are looking for. The BMW shop is on the left as you walk down the street.

Well, while I was there, I went to BMW Motorrad Paris, which is listed at 49 Blvd de la Grand Armee right across from the Argentine metro stop where there is a huge row of motorcycle and accessory stores, the likes of which I have not seen in the states, but that location was being renovated and is due to reopen I believe in Sept. They have another store, at 144 rue de Toqueville, so I went over there, and it was terrific! Can't recommend it highly enough.

The store is huge, with a selection of bikes the likes of which I again have never seen in the states, and lots of accessories and a friendly staff to boot.

I got myself just the helmet I wanted, an AirFlow 2 in magnesium metallic, which is very close to matching the platinum bronze of the C650GT (one of which they had on the floor so I could compare), and they work with a tax free shopping service called Simply Tax Free so most of my VAT got refunded as well via a stop at the mall on the way home. They didn't have the version of the Communicator for this helmet in stock (requires a longer boom than the System 6 version I think), but the young woman who helped me even called around to other dealers in Paris to see if anyone close had one around. (Unfortunately not, and I wasn't ready to make a long trek outside Paris to get one, but I can get it online if desired and it was more important to be able to try the helmet on and see the colors - after using the SRC with the Schuberth for a while, I think I may try a good custom formed in-ear setup next.) Here's a few pics, one of the storefront, one of the nice young lady who helped me with the helmet, and one looking back from the entrance, though what you can't see is that the store is much wider at the rear than at the front. Cheers!

Attachments

• BMW Motorrad Paris.jpg
    BMW Motorrad Paris.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 42
  • BMW Motorrad Paris 2.jpg
    BMW Motorrad Paris 2.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 43
  • BMW Motorrad Paris 3.jpg
    BMW Motorrad Paris 3.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 43
Nice shop.
Enjoy your trip?
Must see pics of helmet/bike please.
BTW, may I assume you're in San Francisco?
Nice choice of color on your CGT, same as mine. (TBH I just took whatever was shipped, it was not black ty)
Enjoy!

Nice shop.
Enjoy your trip?
Must see pics of helmet/bike please.
BTW, may I assume you're in San Francisco?
Nice choice of color on your CGT, same as mine. (TBH I just took whatever was shipped, it was not black ty)
Enjoy!

Thanks! Will take and post pics of helmet with bike later today or tomorrow with the sun up - the helmet is matte versus the gloss on the bike, but it's close enough that this is the combo that BMW used in many of its photographs of the bike in the brochures. :) (And not quite in San Francisco but close enough - I work in Redwood Shores at Oracle and live in Foster City one exit north so I can bicycle to work on the Bay Trail.)

Here are a few shots of the helmet on the bike showing the approximate match. Will also happily take a few detail shots of the helmet if anyone is interested.

On the scooter, the helmet provides what feels like less airflow over the top of my head than the external ram air channels of my old Arai RX7-RRIII, but with the open face, it doesn't feel nearly as hot to begin with, and interestingly, if you turn your head, it will ram the air right down whatever side you turn into the wind, and you can also generate some perceptible airflow through the vents by making sure you aim the windshield so that the air hits you at the top of the helmet. There's a bit of wind around the eyes at high speed even with the shield down (love that the shield retracts inside the helmet BTW), but this can be altered by positioning of the helmet on the head to get the shield closer to your cheeks, and if you put on glasses it disappears almost completely. Overall I'm quite happy with it - it's noticeably cooler than my Schuberth C3, and amazingly for an open face, it doesn't seem much if at all louder!

Attachments

• Helmet On Bike 1.jpg
    Helmet On Bike 1.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Helmet On Bike 2.JPG
    Helmet On Bike 2.JPG
    151.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Helmet on Bike 3.JPG
    Helmet on Bike 3.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 23
Back