• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Motorcycle Friendly Motel

Pocono Bill

Pocono Bill
After the Rally my wife and I headed South on the I-5 before heading to the coast at Florence. I just wanted to pass on a good experience. We spent the night just south of Florence at the Ocean Breezes Motel. Nice folks and a nice facility. The owners, who are riders, said they want to spread the word that they are a motorcycle-friendly motel. I would stay there again without hesitation. Just thought I would spread the word.

Pocono Bill

Ditto for the Best Western in Clarkson, ID (adjacent to Lewiston, ID). Special parking for bikes, special motorcycle rates that were equal to a military discount) and an overall friendliness that made us feel welcome.

After the Rally my wife and I headed South on the I-5 before heading to the coast at Florence. I just wanted to pass on a good experience. We spent the night just south of Florence at the Ocean Breezes Motel. Nice folks and a nice facility. The owners, who are riders, said they want to spread the word that they are a motorcycle-friendly motel. I would stay there again without hesitation. Just thought I would spread the word.
Pocono Bill

Couple/three years back, we pulled off of 101 at the north end of the river bridge in Florence, and found the River House Inn. Our room at the back had a balcony
overlooking the river. Wife looked at river, and harbor seal in river looked back. The downtown has some neat little eateries - It was one of the
better stops on a coast run that had a lot of good ones...

It has been a long time since I encountered any hotel or motel that was not motorcycle friendly. Almost all are used to the regular presence of motorcyclists.
Some years ago, some places had signs that read "Please do not use our towels to wash your car". My motorcycle has always carried a sponge and a towel for washing.
In Torrey Utah they turned it around. A box on the counter reads "Free rags to clean your motorcycle".
dc

Back