• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Schuberth USA

sickticket

People, I have commented before about the very quick response to a question I had about my new C3. I started a thread here about the problems I had with my new C3 and the sun shield having a heavy haze on the inside. Others commented that they also had that problem but that it cleared up once it was cleaned.

I wrote to Schuberth with my concerns and they got back to me within 24 hrs giving me proper care and maintenance of the sun shield. It worked great.

But over the next several thousand miles I found that every couple of days the haze would return. A simple wipe of a wet cotton cloth took care of it and about once a week I had to remove the shield to completely clean it. I didn't think this was right so I sent another email to Schuberth two days ago stating that the haze would not go away and that I was concerned that constant removing and replacing the shield would wear out the pin and hole attachments.

Again, they got back to me within 24 hours and after explaining the shield and it's coating processes, they said they could ship me a replacement shade with the anti-fox coating or......I could have a new sun shade with no coating at all.

Now that is exceptional customer service!!!! I chose the shade without the coating and it will be shipped on Monday.

The helmets are expensive but they are very quiet, light and I really feel safe with it on. Cudo's to Schuberth USA and their Customer Service crew.

Peter

And thank you for upping our good news ratio :thumb It's nice when the good news travels faster then the bad.
OM

I've had nothing but stellar customer service from Schuberth: fast, efficient, courteous, personable, and done right the first time!

Not to mention the C3 is the most comfortable helmet I've ever worn in any weather. :thumb

I also get a light haze on my tinted internal sun shield. Kept thinking I wasn't getting it clean or something. Is there no cure?

I also get a light haze on my tinted internal sun shield. Kept thinking I wasn't getting it clean or something. Is there no cure?

I make it a habit of cleaning both shields regularly. I think the instructions say to use only water on the sunshield (would have to check the manual to be sure), but I've used Novus spray or Lemon Pledge with a microfiber for a couple years now with no hazing. Basically if I clean road grime or bugs off the faceshield I do the sunshield at the same time.

Pete

I make it a habit of cleaning both shields regularly. I think the instructions say to use only water on the sunshield (would have to check the manual to be sure), but I've used Novus spray or Lemon Pledge with a microfiber for a couple years now with no hazing. Basically if I clean road grime or bugs off the faceshield I do the sunshield at the same time.

Pete

And does the tinted thing have haze on it the next time you use the helmet?

The helmets are expensive but they are very quiet, light and I really feel safe with it on. Cudo's to Schuberth USA and their Customer Service crew.

Peter

Peter, I am curious, but what certifications do the Schuberth flip helmets have?

Can you check yours and see what labels are affixed, either inside or outside.

And does the tinted thing have haze on it the next time you use the helmet?

Depends on the conditions. Yes, if I ride with the clear screen up in hot and humid conditions. Otherwise it's usually clean for a couple of days. Where I really notice the film is riding into the sun.

+1 on Schuberth customer service and warranty support. At the Salem rally I asked to have my C3 looked at as the visor would blow shut any time I lowered my windshield, even in town. Mine was an early C3, shipped over from Germany, and I have never removed or messed with the pinlock--just cleaned it with water and a soft cotton cloth. Anyway, while the helmet was being worked on I purchased a new visor from one of the other staff. He asked if I wanted the pinlock transferred to the new visor, which was pinlock-ready but el-cheapo me hadn't wanted to spring for a new pinlock. When he tried to remove the pinlock it was stuck to the visor! Turns out that some of the early, early C3s were shipped with the pinlock installed and the sealant wasn't yet fully cured, so it bonded to the visor. So, they installed a new pinlock at no charge. The staffer then asked if I wanted the old visor cleaned up so I could us it as a spare, so I said yes and wandered off on other business for 20minutes. When I returned, I was informed the sealant would not come off the old visor so they gave me another new, pinlock-ready visor! Schuberth is definitely standing behind their product and planning on being here to stay!:thumb:wow

Best,

GTRider

C3 Issues

My C3 visor has the wind blow shut problem. I taped velcro strips around the pivit points to give the shield more resistance, Works most of the time. I can only keep my visor chean with hot soapy water, Plexis leaves it hazy. I think I. bought it soon after they were available in the states. First helmut I have owned that I could feel the air moving over the top of my head, especially in the winter.

Almost bought one at the rally.

I went to the Salem rally ready to snag a C3 Pro and the SRC System. Unfortunately by the time I got there on Saturday they didn't have my size/color anymore :cry
I will say those Schuberth folks were really nice people.

But! I signed my honey up for an MOA membership when we checked in and they gave us a $25.00 Coopun for Revzilla. So I used it when I got home to order a C3 Pro, SRC System and Cardo Scala Q3 for my honey's helmet.

Thanks Anthony!:buds

My C3 visor has the wind blow shut problem. I taped velcro strips around the pivit points to give the shield more resistance, Works most of the time. I can only keep my visor chean with hot soapy water, Plexis leaves it hazy. I think I. bought it soon after they were available in the states. First helmut I have owned that I could feel the air moving over the top of my head, especially in the winter.

I saw a used C3 the other day FS that an O-ring was mentioned as installed to allow riding with visor up in heat/slow movements. I can feel the air in the winter no problemo!:thumb , summer's another thing...
I do wonder what's the dates of mfg. on the "issue" mentioned?

Shuberth has a fix for the face yield closing with little or no pressure. They have a redesigned ratchet that attaches to the helmet. They send them to you or free if you call their technical support line. Works like a charm!

Doug

Shuberth has a fix for the face yield closing with little or no pressure. They have a redesigned ratchet that attaches to the helmet. They send them to you or free if you call their technical support line. Works like a charm!

Doug

Thanks, I'll call them, guess I should have not given up on the problem.
Sam

I was in a M/C accident with my schuberth. I had registered it and they sold me a new one for I think around $300.00.

ATGATT

Bernie

Doug

You can also fix it yourself and the self fix seems to work better than the new Schuberth mechanism. All you need do is to put an O ring in each side of the opening mechanism. The additional friction makes the visor stay where you put it. I wore a Shoei to the rally in Salem and was told at the Schuberth vender area that only they could install the new mechanism. They would not give me one to take home, nor at the time could a dealer install one. One of the Schuberth employees is an old friend and told me about the O ring fix.

In the last picture you can see the O ring installed and that it distorts a bit with use. These have lasted since late July and about 10,000 miles. I figure I'll replace them annually.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 352
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 352
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 318
Could you please post the specs on those o - rings? Looks like a simple and elegant solution to the problem. Thank you.

Sorry, I do not recall. I think they are 20-30mm X 200mm. They're cheap, buy an assortment. It is the wall diameter that is most important.

Back