• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New member from Arizona

Dotcomdewd

I am on my 5th BMW motorcycle but i never signed up for the BMW MOA for some reason. Well im here now. New 1600GT (2 days old as of this post) and im ready to mingle :groovy . Im from Glendale Arizona so it's too hot to be doing a lot of riding right now but im looking forward to cooler weather and some local meets.

Just wanted to say hi and get post #1 out of the way :)
Thanks

Welcome! Well with things too hot to ride, I guess you'll be here at the forum reading and posting! Wander down to the Straight 6 forum and post a picture in the picture thread. Let us know if you have any questions.

"And you're right...it's too damned hot to ride. Altho it's nice up on the Rim."

Yeah, im riding from Wickenburg to Sedona via 89/89a tomorrow. Supposed to be in the mid 70's all day. It's my break-in run. I have a total of 120 miles on the bike (trying to get out the last 2 nights to ride) and that run is about 400 miles round trip and all up and down through twisties the whole way. Should be a good break-in.

And yes, i have heard of the AZBeemers, just havn't had a chance to check them out. I will do it soon :)

Thanks everyone...

I'd go with you to Sedona, but I'd have to come back into the desert heat!

"And you're right...it's too damned hot to ride. Altho it's nice up on the Rim."

Yeah, im riding from Wickenburg to Sedona via 89/89a tomorrow. Supposed to be in the mid 70's all day. It's my break-in run. I have a total of 120 miles on the bike (trying to get out the last 2 nights to ride) and that run is about 400 miles round trip and all up and down through twisties the whole way. Should be a good break-in.

And yes, i have heard of the AZBeemers, just havn't had a chance to check them out. I will do it soon :)

Thanks everyone...

Welcome aboard. I belong to AZ Beemers and South East Arizona Touring Riders. SEAT a smaller active group with activities every month. We have many Phoenix area members.

Jack

I'd go with you to Sedona, but I'd have to come back into the desert heat!

That's a true statement. It was awesome from Yarnell to Sedona and back but that ride from phx to Yarnell and back was horrible. I think I'm done with the heat for the next month or so.

Get that thing headed toward Taos, NM for the rally at Sipapu in two weeks...Been pretty cool here..even a bit rainy.

Dotcomdewd, don't miss AZ Beemers Fall Gathering: Saturday, October 19 from 11:30am to 1:30pm at Lake Roosevelt. There will be a group ride from PHX!

"Please make plans to join Vicki and me for food and drink and "jawing" at the Vinyards Picnic area on Roosevelt Lake. We will have food ready to serve at 11:30. Not sure what we will have yet, it could be hog jouls and pig ears. All you need to bring is your self, your wife, your significant other, a friend- you get it a guest or two or three.

We will have the meat, sides and this year, Texas Sheet cake for dessert. I will also have soft drinks and water to go with the lunch.

What is needed from you is confirmation from you that you and how many guests will be coming, for planning purposes only. There is no limit, just post up please. If you know someone that has an interest in AZ Beemers, bring them too.

Lets plan on a great day. I will put out a reminder towards the end of September."

You just missed a great ride to Payson 8/25 for brunch and it was free because BMW MOA Ambassador Steve Cantrill and Barbara hosted us at their Matterhorn home.

Go to www.azbeemers.org to join up and do look at our forum of upcoming rides. 7 Springs Road dirt GS ride on Sunday 9/15 and AZB Club leaves for Mulege, Mexico on 10/9!

http://www.azbeemers.org/forum/index...cseen#msg34911

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthre...ity-and-Fiesta!!

Hey, one who hates tech... These links do not work!

Sounds good. I do actually have a few questions about it so I will email you out today. I appreciate the recommendations everyone and sorry i haven't been responding, i wasn't getting notifications that people were still responding to this thread ;)

And as far as the Payson ride, I happened to be up there that day :) I ate at the place when you first get into town on the right (forgetting it's name). Then i went to strawberry, up lake Mary road, into flagstaff and back. So it wasn't a total loss :)

Back