• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

'86 K75C How do I remove instrument face?

58fleetside

'86 K75C I need to remove the gauge cover (shell) to flatten tach face. There are two screws on the back of the case and the trip meter knob. Will the two screws release the gauge cover and give me access to the gauge faces? Also, how do I release the trip meter knob to pull the gauge shell?
Thanks,

The trip meter knob is spring loaded. It needs to be pulled out about 3/8" to disengage it from the trip meter shaft.

First remove the 9 screws around the perimeter of the back cover (don't forget the one at the bottom of the connector pins). Do not remove the two screws in between the mounting holes. Remove rear cover. I don't remember if there are a couple of screws around the perimeter inside the cover that hold the guts into the front housing or if it's just the knob. All the guts come out in one piece.

:dance:dance:dance

OK I got the guts out of the housing. The tach face is badly warped and interferes with the tack needle. I would like to try to flatten the face but I need to remove it first. So, I also have to remove the tach needle. How do I release the needle?

Thanks much,

I BELIEVE it is just pressed on to the shaft. Use two screw drivers to carefully pry up.

But, i could be wrong.

:dance:dance:dance

Back