• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Attendance?

Eastern riders used to their environment hate the west.

Too strong a statement. I live in the east and was born here. I have lived in Wyoming, briefly, enjoyed it, and spent time in Alaska and Arizona. The problem eastern riders have with the west is the commitment in time and expense to get to the west. There's also the challenge of dealing with extremely hot, dry weather to get there, and sometimes severe thunderstorms along the way. I doubt you could find many eastern riders who actually "hate the west."

I have some western rides on my bucket list. Right now I'm working to get in shape to get back into long road trips.

Harry

Too strong a statement. I live in the east and was born here. I have lived in Wyoming, briefly, enjoyed it, and spent time in Alaska and Arizona. The problem eastern riders have with the west is the commitment in time and expense to get to the west. There's also the challenge of dealing with extremely hot, dry weather to get there, and sometimes severe thunderstorms along the way. I doubt you could find many eastern riders who actually "hate the west."

Harry

Agreed. There was no "hate" about it, simply a considerable effort to get the time off, then arrange things at both home and work to make a 3.5 week commitment. Longest vacation of my life, and I wish I had more time. And the funny thing is the "Great Flatness" across which I planned to speed to reach the good parts was some of the most fun! I honestly didn't expect to feel that way about IL, IN, IA, NE, and SD. Even Ohio was decent, and I was prepared to not like it after road aggression experiences on my last three visits to that state.

It's definitely not a casual ride from the east coast to the west, but there is no hate.

Pete and Barley

As someone who attended the rally for the first time (and volunteered at Registration), I had a gas. Met a few of the ne'er-do-wells who frequent this site and bought them a beer or two. Enjoyed a number of seminars, enjoyed the entertainment, enjoyed the vendor area (my credit card says I enjoyed it too much), and had a great time just connecting with other riders. After the rally I pushed off south for a meandering ride through Oregon and California. Saw a bunch of people who had done the same.

I have an Enhanced Drivers Licence which negates the need to carry my passport if I'm not flying into the US. Not sure if Americans have a similar document available to them but it sure makes life easy.

I've got to say its the quietest motorcycle rally I've ever attended. And that's not a bad thing. The loudest bikes I heard on site were, you guessed it, a couple of Harleys.

Will I attend another rally? You bet I will. I'm thinking a 3 day ride to St. Paul ought to be plenty of time to enjoy the scenery.

As someone who attended the rally for the first time (and volunteered at Registration), I had a gas. Met a few of the ne'er-do-wells who frequent this site and bought them a beer or two. Enjoyed a number of seminars, enjoyed the entertainment, enjoyed the vendor area (my credit card says I enjoyed it too much), and had a great time just connecting with other riders. After the rally I pushed off south for a meandering ride through Oregon and California. Saw a bunch of people who had done the same.

I have an Enhanced Drivers Licence which negates the need to carry my passport if I'm not flying into the US. Not sure if Americans have a similar document available to them but it sure makes life easy.

I've got to say its the quietest motorcycle rally I've ever attended. And that's not a bad thing. The loudest bikes I heard on site were, you guessed it, a couple of Harleys.

Will I attend another rally? You bet I will. I'm thinking a 3 day ride to St. Paul ought to be plenty of time to enjoy the scenery.

Your simple, eloquent explanation of your rally expectations, experience and enthusiasm for our future event is what MOA membership is all about. You had a positive experience, good times, friendly interaction and departed with a sense of belonging.

Kudos! :thumb

Your simple, eloquent explanation of your rally expectations, experience and enthusiasm for our future event is what MOA membership is all about. :thumb

Aha! That's what it is! Those of us who have wondered lately, should know now!

I would attend more rallies if there were only vendors and a small self serve beer tent....no other motorcyclist...any group larger than three gives me gas. The only exceptions would be college cheerleaders (sorry, female only) and Sofia Vergara, when I'm in the mood for a more mature conversation. Call me narrow minded if you will, but it would work for me.

I would attend more rallies if there were only vendors and a small self serve beer tent....no other motorcyclist...any group larger than three gives me gas. The only exceptions would be college cheerleaders (sorry, female only) and Sofia Vergara, when I'm in the mood for a more mature conversation. Call me narrow minded if you will, but it would work for me.

I think you need to be a little more open minded. I'd allow NFL cheerleaders as well.

I believe I saw an explanation that it is too much of a hassel for the vendors with the border crossing issues. They won't show. I don't think we'll see another Canadian location for the rally.

Here I thought I was on the MOA forum, when to my surprise, I've discovered I actually logged onto the shopping network.:laugh..............Rod.

Back