• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

This site has been reorganized and ruined !!!!!!

This site has been re-organized and ruined !!!!!
Well, your here so Welcome to the Forum!
Frequently when posts like this show up there has been some sort of misunderstanding- or it has been thrown out as a Forum Troll...hopefully the previous. When you get a minute, fill out your profile and let us know where you are and perhaps who you are. If you need help or have a question- just ask. :uhoh
Gary

3 years
7 words
What's that work out to
7 divided by 3 carry the one . . . . .
Wait a second

Don't forget that he has another post...so that changes the math!! :stick

He was much more "wordy" back in early January 2013...not happy then, either. :dunno

We can play all we want with the OP, slice and dice the number of posts etc. but what about his point? More information defining his problems would be helpful. But keep in mind there are probably more lurkers than many of you realize. It took me some time to make my first post and despite my current post count I spend most of what time I spend on the forum lurking rather than posting.

What problems do we see that we would like to resolve.

For example, I just posted BMW's announcement of their with drawl from WSBK. Because of the nature of the release I decided to copy and past the press release. In the previous version this was a simple process. In this version it is a PITA. The current version changes quote marks and more into question marks. A copy and paste process that should have taken less time to do than read the press release turned into a long drawn out affair.

I am not certain what tripped the OP's trigger to post his frustration. I am great full for and appreciate the amount of work that goes into running the site. That said, niggling problems like this are the 'fuel strip failures' that frustrate users and may drive them from the brand.

Really? A longer than reasonable cut-and-paste process on the forum is going to make people sell their BMWs?!
"Drive them from the brand" as you said?!

I'm certain that those responsible for the forum are working hard to correct the faults they are aware of. Instead of merely throwing out a broad complaint, the OP could have articulated his issues. That would have moved us all closer to resolving the problems with the forum. As it is, the OP leaves us all with no way to respond other than to engage in some good natured ribbing. Who knows, perhaps the ribbing will motivate the OP to provide more detail.

Instead of merely throwing out a broad complaint, the OP could have articulated his issues. That would have moved us all closer to resolving the problems with the forum.

Sorta where I was with this John, no malice aforethought.

Sorta where I was with this John, no malice aforethought.

I knew that. IT is part of the play around here for those of us that do post. Despite that lack of information in the OP it struck me as a chance to get out some of the niggling problems and let the team know what is bothering us.

:wave

Us?
Got a mouse on the desk . . . right.
If everyone isn't aware of this I'm going to go ahead and out myself . . . . . .
I do not do serious I don't care how good looking she is.

Us, me - myself - I and the other guy inside the helmet. We do serious, play, cartoons and a whole range of other things.
:p

The mouse on the desk makes the other guy inside the helmet a bit nervous. :bolt

I'm only testing to see how badly things are ruined on this website (and to see if I can figure out my new SmugMug account - Voni makes it look easy to get lots of pix in the "cloud" - NOTE: this red bike might look like Voni's, but it has WAAAY less sMiles! :) )

enroute to Asheville

set-up tent in field

The current version changes quote marks and more into question marks. A copy and paste process that should have taken less time to do than read the press release turned into a long drawn out affair.

This reminds me of a recent "new" version of an application we use at work. After the upgrade many comments like, "..we use to...the old version did it..." the answer, it's a new version, get use to it. Possibly being more difficult to cut/paste dribble is an improvement? Possibly simply post a link to the article may be quicker and take up less real estate in the forum?

Going riding. ;)

Copy / Paste Bug with vbulletin 4.20 #1 Thu 23rd May '13, 6:13am
Hey Everyone,
I am experiencing a very odd bug and about to launch my site publicly with 50,000 users so I am a bit nervous / concerned!

If I copy/paste any content into a post, I can not edit that post anymore. If I edit it, it will show up as blank in the edit form as if I never even posted anything at all! This is only if I create a new post then paste into it.

If I create a new post, write some text manually - then paste at some point into the post, it will not allow me to edit it anymore. I need to post the manually written content, THEN edit, THEN paste, at which point I can then edit the pasted text. UGH! :p

If I create a new post, write some text manually and post it, edit it, paste the text - then I can edit the post without problem with all the content available. It is only if I start a new post and paste content into the post then edit that this problem occurs.

Last edited:
You are absolutely right. Perhaps I should just vacate and not take up any real estate with the dribble I find and post. I would PM you with comments on my frustrations with the upgrade but that feature does not work for me either so you are saved that dibble also.

Just for grins,;) I went back to my previous post, cut/paste an article (dribble):thumb from vBulletin support forum regarding the cut/paste feature. No problembo. :scratch

Gone riding, enjoy your ride.:usa

Back