• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Need advice on dual sport trails in Colorado for a August trip.

espressoforyou

Me and two buddies are hauling our 1200gs' and a Suzuki 650 Adventure to Colorado the first of August. We were out there around 5 years ago and did some dual sport riding and had a blast. This time we are equipped with knobby tires which should make it a little easier.

We want to maximize our time since it is a 24 hour non stop drive from the beautiful flat lands around Memphis.

I would appreciate any trail maps and/or suggested routes that you can provide. We are pretty experienced dirt riders but considering we will be riding big and heavy bikes we probably don't want to do any extreme trails. The last time we were out there I tore the bash plate off my bike and smashed one of my exhaust headers almost flat, but we had fun and it was worth it

We are leaving Memphis on July 31st and plan on driving straight through.

Thanks for you help.

Randy

A friend of mine last year used Steve's book and and wrote to him before his ride. Steve met him and went along on some of the rides.

Dadayama, thanks for the suggestion

I looked at the Back Country Discovery Route web site and I think that will form the backbone of the riding for our trip. Good looking route that hits most of the areas we were planning to ride.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I looked at the Back Country Discovery Route web site and I think that will form the backbone of the riding for our trip. Good looking route that hits most of the areas we were planning to ride.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Cool... if you do, report back and let us know. I am planning on riding it this September.

Looking forward to your trip report with pictures.

Many consider Colorado to be one of the premier motorcycling states as it offers roads for all interests and abilities.

Steve's book is great! I've ridden on may of the roads he describes and he is SPOT ON! Highly recommend it.:thumb

Back