• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Turn signal won't turn off K75RT-P 1991

WalterK75

Out riding about 80 kms when I couldn't get right turn signal to turn on. Once or twice it flashed on after turning and riding a few meters. Left was operating normally. Next ride turned on right signal and nothing happened. A few more meters further along and the right signal came on. It didn't flash it was solid like running lights. Couldn't turn them off using either cancel or left turn signal. Stopped bike and use kill button and turned off ignition but lights remained on.

I returned home. I could hear click when turn signals turned on or off with switches but no light. Only way to stop them was to pull the fuse. Since then any time fuse inserted right lights come on and burn steadily with ignition off. All other lights etc. work properly. Bike was outside during heavy rain in Toronto but covered. However, tool kit in compartment behind rear seat was wet. Can't figure out that one.

Beginning to think flasher relay died so I've ordered one. Any other ideas besides?

Out riding about 80 kms when I couldn't get right turn signal to turn on. Once or twice it flashed on after turning and riding a few meters. Left was operating normally. Next ride turned on right signal and nothing happened. A few more meters further along and the right signal came on. It didn't flash it was solid like running lights. Couldn't turn them off using either cancel or left turn signal. Stopped bike and use kill button and turned off ignition but lights remained on.

I returned home. I could hear click when turn signals turned on or off with switches but no light. Only way to stop them was to pull the fuse. Since then any time fuse inserted right lights come on and burn steadily with ignition off. All other lights etc. work properly. Bike was outside during heavy rain in Toronto but covered. However, tool kit in compartment behind rear seat was wet. Can't figure out that one.

Beginning to think flasher relay died so I've ordered one. Any other ideas besides?

I am again amazed that 150 people read this and not but one reply. My advice for you would be to spray some contact cleaner up into the cancel button at your right grip. I always try easy first. Good luck to you rider and I hope you get it working..

Final solution. I had a replacement flasher relay installed and all turn signal functions returned and operated as they should.

I am again amazed that 150 people read this and not but one reply.

Probably because the answer he received within 3 hours was the correct answer. No need to give him the same correct answer more than once or multiple incorrect ones.:dunno

Big clue was that turn indicator came on solid and did not flash, so not a problem with cancel button.

:dance:dance:dance

Back