• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Small brag on an exceptional young woman

Ken F

IBA #44567
Marcus & Cierra Reynolds (father/daughter) just completed a Bunburner Gold from SW Missouri to Mountian Home, UT. (1525 mi/23.5 hrs)
I believe this will make Cierra the youngest rider to complete the BBG being just over the ripe old age of 16.

They plan to get some rest, then continue on to Salem in time to claim a Saddlesore 2000 on the same ride. (2000 mi/48 hrs.)

If you see her in Salem, be sure to congratulate her on an epic ride!
She is currently awaiting certification on a Missouri Tour of Honor SaddleSore 1000, and I'm sure these two will be in the
mail immediately upon her return!

We have a Voni-junior on our hands!!

Ken F

Yup. a nice accomplishment. And likely done without the mess of farkles us older folks might use given the budgets of younger folks for bike bits. At my age I'm not about to even think about a BBG or more- I like my comfort.

Nice to see young folks willing to learn more about their limits..

Give her a little more time and recruit her to give talks at the rallies to encourage other young riders

Yes, Voni has her lined up to speak at Camp Gears during the rally.

In all honesty, my first SS1000 was the hardest ride I've done. The BBG seemed much easier probably because I had a better idea what to expect.

Ken

Did you do the SS1000 with her. too?

Some experiences with my son leave me knowing you guys had a great time doing the run despite the issues that go with something like that.
Though I never encouraged my son, he took up playing with cars at speed much as I did when younger. He'd call me for advice on setting up his track toy and a few times while he was learning I was his track instructor also. But the most fun was when his skills had solidified and we'd both hop in one of the toys with 2 seats and go out for some fast laps accompanied by relaxed conversation with a background of loud motrs and sliding tires- the sign he'd really learned and was completely comfortable in that environment.

I know I'd be worried sending a teen out on their own for long runs until they had climbed the learning curve far enough. Going with them solves that and creates a great memory for both of you.

Back