• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rally timing question

karlfitt

OK,

Why does it seem to me that the national rally is always the same weekend as MotoGP at Laguna Seca?

Are there NO race fans on the board or rally committee?

Just wondering

Funny you bring this up. My friend and I were just discussing this. It is a tough choice, he chose Racing while I chose the Rally. Too bad we have to make a choice but even if separated I could probably only do one or the other...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It's an easy choice for me for two reasons.

I like the races, and I see guys I used to work with that I only see a couple of times a year (Moto GP and World Superbike races)

I am working my schedule so I can hit the Top o the Rockies on the way home.

But the national will wait until it isn't on a race weekend.

Summer is a busy window of opportunity for us two-wheeled enthusiasts.

8 gallons of activities always being poured into a 5 gallon pail.

Ergo, will always be conflicts - will always need to make choices.

Enjoy these days. :bolt

OK, Why does it seem to me that the national rally is always the same weekend as MotoGP at Laguna Seca?

Well... There was a spirited discussion a little while back as to the feasibility of floating the date of the National. Of course it went no where.

Is it not wonderful that you have a choice between attending a MotoGP and the MOA rally? Enjoy, some day you will not have a choice.

not always GP weekend I went to both in 05 then on the way home from Lima to the AMA races at Mid Ohio, It has also been on the same weekend as Mid Ohio Vintage Days. July is packed with motorcycle friendly events. Then there are the local rally's too that have July as their month so thee will always be a conflict with something.

not always , It has also been on the same weekend as Mid Ohio Vintage Days. .

I consider this a much bigger problem than the GP races at Laguna Seca. Looking at a thread in the Rally section which deals with attendance and where the majority of people come from, I would think that an event in California has little effect on a rally east of the Mississippi.

The bigger question is why is the.....................

Why does it seem to me that the national rally is always the same weekend as MotoGP at Laguna Seca?

The bigger question is why is the MotoGP at Laguna Seca the same weekend as the rally. Ask the MotoGP at Laguna Seca to change their dates.
Max

The bigger question is why is the MotoGP at Laguna Seca the same weekend as the rally. Ask the MotoGP at Laguna Seca to change their dates.
Max

I agree. I also believe the sun revolves around the earth and all countries should toss the metric system and adjust to the United States.....

Max

I'm not sure, but I think the BMW MOA has a little less inertia and would be easier to change.

Besides, if I got active in it "I" could actually have a vote on when and where it is.

Don't think that will happen with the MotoGP calander

Merge hell...hostile take over!!! My daughter's birthday is the 17th of July, so that has always been a trump date...of course she's 37 now...lol

Back