• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Oilhead Rally Thread

terham: thanks for posting the video. Looks like you had the trip of a lifetime. It was great to "tag along with you" via the video. Your K100RS appears to be your "go to" bike for distance rides rides.

Voni: Keep looking in your mirrors. I only have about 319,789 miles until I catch you. :)

bikerfish1100: Those were not my drool stains. I am saving mine for next year's rally.

terham: thanks for posting the video. Looks like you had the trip of a lifetime. It was great to "tag along with you" via the video. Your K100RS appears to be your "go to" bike for distance rides rides.

Voni: Keep looking in your mirrors. I only have about 319,789 miles until I catch you. :)

bikerfish1100: Those were not my drool stains. I am saving mine for next year's rally.

Mr. Bluehole,

Just where the heck have you been for the past few weeks? I can understand your embarrassment at not attending the Rally - especially with me, SeabeckS, and K75S all there. You will be given the chance to redeem yourself next year.

BTW, I'm going to Minneapolis on the 21st to ride a bike back to Northern California. Its an 1100S, of course. :D

I was on vacation. Nice to relax, but playing catch up since I got back.
What is the deal with riding an S to California? Riding it back for a friend? Good chance to evaluate routes for next year.

Last edited:
I was on vacation. Nice to relax, but playing catch up since I got back.
What is the deal with riding an S to California? Riding it back for a friend? Good chance to evaluate routes for next year.

Truth be told, the buddy I visited after the rally decided after seeing mine that he had to have a more modern bike in addition to his R100RS. We found and I test rode an 1150RS but it was a bad example of a good motorcycle. So he started scouring on-line postings and found a yellow S in Minneapolis which seemed to be in good shape with low mileage. Bought it. I'm flying there to do some pre-trip maintenance (change all fluids, filters, etc) and then pushing off for the San Francisco area. Looks like about a 3,000 km trip. I figure 4 days as I'm going to do my darnedest to avoid the interstate. Cumulatively, I'm doing some serious distance this year (for me). My sportbikes are starting to get the feeling of abandonment. :laugh

In addition, the 14th I'm off to the BeeCee Beemers Rally in Nakusp, BC. Just a short jaunt, comparatively speaking. I was in the area last week tooling around in my car and I can't wait to get the bike on some of those local roads.

Uh-Oh! It's not School Bus Yellow is it? LOL

Have a good trip, lots of interesting countryside betwixt Minn and Cali!

:dance

SeabeackS, you have to get a picture of BC1100S on this yellow S. We could have some fun with that picture.

Really enjoyed Terham's video. It serves to remind me how much I love distance riding. View from the helmet is a superb way to "put you in the seat". Thanks for posting it.

Hi guy's! I made it to the Rally too

Hi guys! I made it too! Camped in the grove of oak trees across the street form registration.
Rode from eastern WA. on HI way 14. I have a '95 R1100R with 67 K on her. I am now installing a 'Power Commander' to get rid of the 'surging problem'.

Last edited:
Back