• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

MOA on Facebook.

motorman587

I had to ungroup myself from that because what I call police bashing. When I ungrouped myself there where 128 comments yesterday. The post had nothing to do with motorcycling or the MOA. It was sad because I enjoyed the site. I got tired of being told "not to post" for a post I shared about motorlights, but then a post goes on that has nothing to do with motorcycling. Sad.

I get the feed. Don't post there. What gets me is....you can be a total a$$ over there and not get any grief. Here at MOA, you gotta walk on egg shells.

I get the feed. Don't post there. What gets me is....you can be a total a$$ over there and not get any grief. Here at MOA, you gotta walk on egg shells.

Totally agree! And that is why I ungrouped. I got dinged for posting/sharing a motolight ad, but then, which had nothing do motorcycle post goes untouched. I believe and I belong to other BMW sites that it's not walking on egg shells, but respecting other peoples opinion.

While I find much of the facebook MOA group content lacking class, reason, and content.. I have to say that contributing to this forum is definitely like walking on egg shells. We're not nick-named the BMWMOAners for nothing.

The MOA facebook page is an open group, anyone can join and post as far as I can tell.

Sent magically!

The MOA facebook page is an open group, anyone can join and post as far as I can tell.

Sent magically!

That is what I have been wondering about with the current turn of event on the MOA FB page. It seems that we have gotten quite a group over there that may not be BMW riders. Too bad its not a closed group for posting purposes and before you are added to the page you have to provide your MOA number.

As for the cop bashing, I too am getting tired of it. On the upside, with the new FB format, it is quite easy to just block someone and all of their posts then disappear. At the rate I am going the MOA page I see will only have a handful of people posting!

That is what I have been wondering about with the current turn of event on the MOA FB page. It seems that we have gotten quite a group over there that may not be BMW riders. Too bad its not a closed group for posting purposes and before you are added to the page you have to provide your MOA number.

As for the cop bashing, I too am getting tired of it. On the upside, with the new FB format, it is quite easy to just block someone and all of their posts then disappear. At the rate I am going the MOA page I see will only have a handful of people posting!

Ditto, and that is why ungroup/or blocked MOA FB. I did like the pictures, etc..........but the none motorccyle, ie cop bashing was enough for me.

Ditto, and that is why ungroup/or blocked MOA FB. I did like the pictures, etc..........but the none motorccyle, ie cop bashing was enough for me.
Perhaps you have forgotten "everybody hates a cop 'till they need one" :D
It would seem that with the high speed of today's life-style, patience hasn't kept up.
OM

I have noticed that the most recent version of FB gives one the easy ability to block people. You no longer have to report them to the FB gods for violating some obscure user agreement clause. You can just click on the X by their post and it gives you the option to block the person so you won't see posts from them. I have been busy over there blocking people. Amazing how pleasant it is to look at the page again.

Unfortunately, this post will most likely lump me into a crowd in which I don't belong, but oh well.

I've seen people post a lot about the BMWMOA facebook page mods deleting "non-BMWMOA topics" with impressive efficiency. I don't keep up with it enough to notice topics appear or disappear. Today there was a post just mentioning that posts have been getting deleted, that I actually replied to and... it was whisked away post haste. Not even talking about posts getting deleted is in the MOA facebook page mods agenda. Again I say, impressive.

If my initial interaction with the BMWMOA was via their heavily-moderated facebook page (as it might be for the ever-elusive and saught-after "young crowd"), there is no way I'd be interested in joining.

Perhaps my comments"don't belong" in this thread, as I'm a non-facebook,twitter,etc., person for now at least. I see one distinct possibility in any & all web postings/social media ,etc. & that is the fact is a given that we are speaking here of what people "write" & the word choice,vocabulary level & so on. Having been a teacher , how well I know that many do not have the "tools" they need to properly express oneself in writing to carry the meaning intended. Then you have the who "likes who" factor that I hear about from family members & I think wow!, I just don't need this. I have tried participating into a few sports blogs & hard to tolerate the level of pure ignorance that occurs from those that don't know the sport at hand well enough to add to the conversation, much less communication skills.Simple fact you can own a PC or iphone & fail the "other tests" , nough said...

As an administrator of a busy industry forum (unrelated to motorcycles) I can tell you that it makes no sense for an online forum community to also have an open facebook page.

The objective should be to keep community communications contained in the forum, and perhaps use the Facebook page as a way to attract new members.

MOA should maintain a Facebook presence to periodically post announcements and stay in people's peripheral vision, but they should not allow Facebook contributions from anyone except administrators.

cop bashing

I had no idea we had so many LEOs here that could not "take it". I guess the cops I hang around with are made of different stuff.

I am a cop and I tell people all the time that if they don't like me, the next time they have a problem they aren't man enough or smart enough to resolve, to call their neighbor. Without us there is only chaos. I am not here to raise their kids or solve a problem in 5 minutes that took them 5 years to screw up. But.......:nyah stupid people are surely a never ending source of entertainment.

Back