• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Great Roads

K

King Biscuit

I just read on the homepage about "Ohio's Tripple Nickle". This is indeed a challanging and fun road to ride. I was just over that way yesterday and rode part of 555. In my opinion, there is a better road that crosses 555. It is SR 78, running East/West from the town of Glouster Ohio on the west end to McConnlesville on the East. 78 actually goes further east, but I have not explored that yet. When we rode 78 yesterday, is was freshly paved and painted, very clean and free of gravel. The road is a really fun ride with similer twists, turns, ups and downs like 555 but not quite as tight. The section from Glouster to McConnlesville is about 22 miles and is worth the ride....besides, if you're doing 555, what's another 22 miles...besides, if you are going to Burr Oak Lake, 78 will take you straight to the lodge!

Dan

the shovel from the Big Muskie excavator is about 8-10 miles east of McConnelsville on SR 78. 78 is pretty good all the way to the Ohio River in the east. All of the roads near McConnelsville are pretty good.

If anyone were interested in riding that area, it may be best to try to spend the night near, or in, Burr Oak State Park near Glouster, OH.

SHHHHHH........ There are no good roads in Ohio!

It's best for everyone to stay home.

SCQTT said:
SHHHHHH........ There are no good roads in Ohio!

It's best for everyone to stay home.

Gee....like it hasn't been said before! :D

We say, "SHHHHHH. There are no good roads in California!

It's best for everyone to stay home."

Back