• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Local services??

ksrob

My careing wife, Bette, axed a good question today. (she's only allowed one per day since she is blond) Her question, Will we be able to buy beer near the rally site? Meaning will we be able to stock the cooler for our camp? Is the Lima area dry? Liquor stores near by?

Looking forward to seeing everyone there. If you're not there, well we won't see you.

Rob Lessen
Arma, making a list, KS

East of the fairgrounds is a drive thru carryout,beer yes,liquor,dont know.Lima,dry?NO!The carry out is like a half mile from the main gate.

MikeC said:
East of the fairgrounds is a drive thru carryout,beer yes,liquor,dont know.Lima,dry?NO!The carry out is like a half mile from the main gate.
On the backside of that carryout is the State Liquor store, Larry's Liquor.
Also most Grocery stores sell Beer by the six pack or case. Beer is readily available but need a state store for hard liquor.

Heheheheheh reminds me of the time four years ago in Blacksburg VA when I saw an older gent with a kindly smile lashing a 12-pack of microbrew to the tail-rack of a *GORGEOUS* R100 parked in front of the liquor store...

The Veg said:
Heheheheheh reminds me of the time four years ago in Blacksburg VA when I saw an older gent with a kindly smile lashing a 12-pack of microbrew to the tail-rack of a *GORGEOUS* R100 parked in front of the liquor store...

haha, last summer i was out in front of a local liquor store with some riding buddies heading up to a bbq and i had both krausers filled with ice and was stuffing a 24 pack of pabst into them and one of the kid's dad pulls up and says "now you know why you ride with someone that has a bmw"

30 pack

I always like the look on the beer guys face when I drop a 30 pack in the Jessie's!

Add ice, instant cooler!

gsjay

Why not drop some Yuenglings Lager in since your heading this way,I'll help you drink it!What no weird forked Yamaha this year?(We met at Dave Moss's )

Support the BMW MOA & Buy at the Beer Garden

I would encourage attendees to buy their beer at the beer garden. We will have Microbrew and Macrobrew.... The money supports the rally & helps to pay for the entertainment.

If you prefer your own brands, then there is a Super-WalMart within walking distance, and a Ray's Marketplace about a half mile away.

Beer Me

Sue Rihn-Manke said:
I would encourage attendees to buy their beer at the beer garden. We will have Microbrew and Macrobrew.... The money supports the rally & helps to pay for the entertainment.

If you prefer your own brands, then there is a Super-WalMart within walking distance, and a Ray's Marketplace about a half mile away.

Sue, The reason I ask is based on my assumption that I (we) would not be able to buy the beer in the garden and take it back to our tent. Am I mistaken? We like to have cold beer in the morning over our cornflakes :drink

Just a few more days'!

Rob Lessen
Arma, KS
'73 Honda XL250
'91 R100GSPD
'96 R11RS (her girrly bike)
'05 R12RT

Beer

The reason I ask is based on my assumption that I (we) would not be able to buy the beer in the garden and take it back to our tent. Am I mistaken

Oops - sorry, you are right. You'd have to bring your own if that was the case.
Sorry. :)

gsjay said:
I always like the look on the beer guys face when I drop a 30 pack in the Jessie's!

Add ice, instant cooler!

gsjay

23558855-L.jpg

Ksrob said:
Sue, The reason I ask is based on my assumption that I (we) would not be able to buy the beer in the garden and take it back to our tent. Am I mistaken? We like to have cold beer in the morning over our cornflakes :drink

So Beer that is bought in the Beer garden will have to stay in the Beer Garden? Is the Beer Garden and the Entertainment where Thurogood is playing Connected?

I know in the confusion of Charleston 03, I was able to carry beer around from the beer tent, but not a fair comparison to this setup.

Beer Tent and Thorogood Show

So Beer that is bought in the Beer garden will have to stay in the Beer Garden? Is the Beer Garden and the Entertainment where Thurogood is playing Connected?

Good Question, Grasshopper.......

We made the beer garden big enough to encompass the WHOLE grass area in front of the stage. Folks in the bleachers and lawn seats will actually be "inside" the beer garden. It's all about priorities, donchaknow. :thumb

Back