• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

new R1200RT owner from Solvang, CA

wyman.winn

i should be out riding!
actually still waiting for delivery on a 2013 R1200RT....hopefully, i will get the call today....

been riding/wrenching since i was 7 years old, 62 now!!!....just sold my 2002 V-Strom DL1000 and Kaw KLR650 and decided it was time for the Best.....

the bike, Fluid Grey Metallic, has the touring package (ESA, etc), Tire Monitors, and soon the ASC....no COM system though, i have BlueTooth radio to my Sena SMH10...;)

been looking forward to this for some time.....and it IS the time....:dance

bear with me as i learn a new motorcycle....:scratch

wyman

Congratulations on moving up to a fine machine! I would also like to welcome you to the MOA.

You will find that the RT is one of finest, if not the finest, machine you have ever ridden. The bike truly gets better with time and mileage.

Hope you get the call soon and when you do finally bring her home post a pic.

Scot

well, it looks as this IS the day.....the RT will be ready to come to its new home at 1400PDT.....

well, it looks as this IS the day.....the RT will be ready to come to its new home at 1400PDT.....

The anticipation must be unbearable. I remember the day I picked mine up, never felt that way about a bike purchase in all my life. Not even the first street bike evoked that feeling. :dunno

Sassy Britches...!!!

is the new name of my brand spanking new R1200RT....rode it 90miles from BMW of Ventura County, taking it easy and getting up to speed on the technology....WHAT A WONDERFUL PIECE OF GERMAN ENGINEERING!!!!!...

breaking it in is painful, but i am being good and doing what the book says.....that is unless i hear otherwise from a "guru" here...LOL Built many a motor in my motorcycle life....usually just ring the motor's neck once it is all together....LOL I hear there is some double secret oil mixture in the motor, any truth to that???

have cylinder and pannier guards to install and a mount for the Zumo660 too....

the "running-in check" in about 600 miles will come sooner than i think....:)

HUGE smile here....

and thanks for all of the kinds words of welcome.....:)

wyman

Solvang!

Another new member here! I'm still getting used to my RT. Your new ride should be a great way to get to Monterey! I used to do day rides up Highway 1 from San Luis Obispo. Enjoy! :clap

Another new member here! I'm still getting used to my RT. Your new ride should be a great way to get to Monterey! I used to do day rides up Highway 1 from San Luis Obispo. Enjoy! :clap

yeah, hwy 1 is a GREAT ride....been too busy with remodeling my kitchen since picking up the RT to ride it though....BUT i will VERY soon...;)

wyman

Back