• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rob Nye in 34 position after first leg of Iron Butt Rally

I would imagine we are all pulling for Rob....

It's great fun following the IBR!

Ken

With the heat that has been baking most of the country, it would seem you need Iron everything :hungover
I would need a Lear Jet to pull that ride off.
OM

4 of the top 10 riders are on BMW's.

Top BMW is John Coons' R11RS. Same age as my Big RED!

Derek Dickson 49
05 YAM FJR1300

Alex Schmitt 31
98 HON ST1100

Wendy Crockett 4
05 YAM FJR1300

Tim Pawlowski 73
06 YAM FJR1300A

John Coons 48
94 BMW R1100

Ken Meese 51
12 BMW K1600

Bob Lilley 32
11 BMW R1200GS

Eric Jewell 1
07 HON ST1300

J. P. Mountain 95
06 YAM FJR1300A

Craig Brooks 76
11 BMW R1200GS

Voni
sMiling

4 of the top 10 riders are on BMW's.

Top BMW is John Coons' R11RS. Same age as my Big RED!

Voni
sMiling

Pretty close scores for first leg!

Whoever can figure out the puzzle for the next leg will do well.

Good to see Bob reporting the results again.

I don't think I could ever do it either. But it is cool to read the blogs & follow the SPOTs.

I see the last place is riding a K75. I believe he's in the Hopeless Class. Maybe he'll do better in the next leg.

Are the bonus point locations posted anywhere?

Rob

I read where Rob was planning on taking it easy in this rally. I heard he may have cable or Netflix on that bike of his now.

Those pesky FJR`s , glad i traded mine in , i hate coming in first .:D

Way to go Rob & want to also chear for Bob Lilley , rode with him last year & he had some great stories. :clap

I read where Rob was planning on taking it easy in this rally. I heard he may have cable or Netflix on that bike of his now.

That would help pass the time of day

IIRC on his last attempt he had TWO laptops. :)

I have no idea how Rob did points wise on Leg 2,. I didn't score him but he was in fine spirits in the scoring room tonight in Rancho Cordova. He looked rested and fit, and ready for leg 3 in the morning.

Rob's ride "bristles with technology".
It is impressive to say the least.
Go man.
And all of you be safe.

Does anybody have any info about the Florida rider's accident on day 4 near Hershey, PA? He is a friend of mine.

Back