• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Discount MC tire places in Los Angeles that can balance BMW wheels

tinytrains

Still plays with trains.
Aside from your local BMW dealer, where do LA BMW riders get their tires? I have always bought them from my dealer, but last time it $500 for a pair of PR2s.

And no, I do not have room in my garage for a tire changer and balancer.

Thanks,
Scott

I've heard mixed reports about this place several times - some people love him, some people hate his guts.
I know of two cases where he blatantly refused to work on wheels that had rim locks (dirt bikes), claiming they just could Not be balanced.
I'm happy to refer you to Valdi's MotoZone http://valdis-motozone.com/ ; if you're in Torrance, you can probably walk there. He has a computerized spin balancer, and has been a BMW wrench for a long time. Not "the cheapest" place to buy tires, but probably cheaper than our Cycle Gear.

I've heard mixed reports about this place several times - some people love him, some people hate his guts.
I know of two cases where he blatantly refused to work on wheels that had rim locks (dirt bikes), claiming they just could Not be balanced.
I'm happy to refer you to Valdi's MotoZone http://valdis-motozone.com/; if you're in Torrance, you can probably walk there. He has a computerized spin balancer, and has been a BMW wrench for a long time. Not "the cheapest" place to buy tires, but probably cheaper than our Cycle Gear.

I have had tech's refuse to work on rims with rim locks. More so with 2 rim lock rims. Exceptionally difficult!! Luckily someone always volunteers. Not sure where the balance issue comes in though. The rim lock just makes it exceptionally difficult to install the tire and not pinch a tube at the same time. Of course, it can be accomplished but no one really wants to do it. We charge 50% more with 1 rim lock and double the labor with 2 rim locks. Helps to pay for the pinched tubes that inevitably will occur more often than they should. And, of course the tech gets paid more as well.

MC does not do cars. Only motorcycles. And they have a very very tiny small amount of accessories.
I have used them for a long time and I consider them the best.
They will take the wheels off, which they do on a regular basis every hour on any type of bike, or you may bring in the wheels off the bike.
As to Valdi, indeed they are very good at all types of BMW work and maintenance, and very honest. They don't try to sell you more than you need.
As to distance, from Torrance, it is a far shorter walk to MC. Valdi is over past the county hospital on the 110 fwy.
dc

Thank you all. I will check them out. I had always bought my tires from West Valley Cycle (BMW in the valley), but since Laurie, Jay and Ruth have all passed away, and Don is quite ill, there is no one there I know anymore, so I am open to someone closer (and cheaper).

Thanks,
Scott

I buy mine online from American Moto Tire, which gets them to me with free shipping in 2-3 days, and have them mounted for about $25 at Ken & Joe's in Santa Clarita.

Back