• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMW Tank Bag Waterproof?

bobr9

I have a 99 R1100RT which I bought last year. It came with an original BMW tank bag, not sure of the specific model, but it is not expandable and has the snap on plastic map holder. Did not come with a separate rain cover, so I don't know if it was missing or maybe this thing is supposed to be waterproof. Looks like it could be save for the map holder. Does anyone know if these bags are designed to be waterproof? Getting ready for a big trip and do not want to take a separate rain cover if I don't have to. Thanks...

The BMW tank bag for 2007 R1200S is waterproof with no cover needed. That's why I have one.

Back