• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

May we always have an "Independence"Day"

Independence Day Reality Check: I'm on this personal thing this week after more of the "trial" & the "leaker" in the news than I can stand ( I just started watching the new National Geographic show-"Battleground Afghanistan" which partly got me on this kick-also one son just returned) & turned to my wife saying, "how many troops do we have in Iraq & Afghanistan"? She answers, "well, a lot I think." & I didn't know the actual number either. So I googled it & came up with 694,000+ in Afghanistan alone, counting the couple hundred thousand of their own national troops & the NATO allies,etc.. LOTS of people, not much news. Iraq is down to only a few guarding the embassy,etc..
My point is that we have all these people over their & many putting it ALL! on the line & it gets barely any mention at all in the news.:banghead
To hell with the politics of being there or not! It strikes me as the most silent war in history?
I suppose the media knows (or decided on its own?) that people don't want that war in their news? Well, Independence day is a day for that purpose. Remember those past & present who serve/served.:thumb

Surely NOT to turn this into some kind of political thread. The purpose is to celebrate the Declaration of Independence.

My original intent on this thread was to point out that 4 July is Independence Day. The day set aside to recognize and celebrate the document, THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE. An statement by the founding fathers of this country that was directed towards the abuses of the tyranical government that was abusing them.

PLEASE LOOK AT THE DOCUMENT:

http://www.ushistory.org/Declaration/document/

It begins with the famous LIFE, LIBERTY, and PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS...........this is so abused by the "rights" folks.

NOW...........scan down to all of the "HE HAS" statements.......the "HE" being the King of England. PLEASE compare these with what is happening to our country today: it's leadership, the citizenry, and what Liberty and HONOR mean to YOU.

Our LIVES, Our FORTUNES, and our Sacred HONOR.........God bless these United States........Dennis

Back