Thread: Installing a high power stereo in my 2002 r1150rt

Installing a high power stereo in my 2002 r1150rt

After reading some posts, I decided to install a high-power Pioneer stereo in my 2002 R1150RT. When I bought the bike, it had no radio but the the wires were all present. After a poor attempt at installing the radio without removing the fairing, I realized that removal is necessary in order to get the radio/stereo to fit correctly. Are there instructions available on how to remove the fairing? Any help would be appreciated.

Radio INstall

It is in the manual, if you have a copy if not PM me

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by joebiker View Post
    After reading some posts, I decided to install a high-power Pioneer stereo in my 2002 R1150RT.
    I trust you'll be using helmet speakers so the rest of us don't have to "enjoy" your taste in music.

Ditto that wish.

It's interesting to me that afaik there is no "single DIN" aftermarket radio that can transmit Bluetooth sound ... as can the BMW radios in the latest RTs.

I feel like I dodged a big bullet surviving all those years I had cords for sound running to my helmet--lots safer to be cordless surely.
    Kent Christensen
    '12 R1200RT, '02 R1100S, '84 R80G/S

Quote Originally Posted by BC1100S View Post
    I trust you'll be using helmet speakers so the rest of us don't have to "enjoy" your taste in music.
    I'm sorry, but I'll be 'broadcasting' my music (tasteful 60's and 70's rock and roll). I will be doing this at times when I'm on solo rides off the beaten track and away from others. I always try to be respectful and considerate of others when I'm riding. I most enjoy the sounds of the motor and wind as I wind down the road.

I will be doing this at times when I'm on solo rides off the beaten track and away from others. I always try to be respectful and considerate of others when I'm riding.
    Thank You
    Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Left Coast Rider
    I'm sorry, but I'll be 'broadcasting' my music (tasteful 60's and 70's rock and roll). I will be doing this at times when I'm on solo rides off the beaten track and away from others. I always try to be respectful and considerate of others when I'm riding. I most enjoy the sounds of the motor and wind as I wind down the road.
    As long as it doesn't include any Seals and Crofts, we're good.

Enjoy and good luck with the install.