• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tent recommendations

Bud

It is what it is.
Currently have a couple of tents that don't have very short poles when collapsed.

I'm going to be going to the Salty Fog next month and will be doing a lot of camping. I need a tent that packs small (18" in length or less).

Anyone have recommendations?

Try the Redverz, lots of room, packs small, double wall. I bought mine at Sedalia, best tent I've ever owned.

RIDE SAFE

Bud,

Julie and I bought the Redverz last year. Several friends already had one (both the first model and the current model). It packs down a bit smaller than our 4 person Eureka...including the Redverz rain fly. Nice to have built in shade with the garage area. We no longer pack the MSR Parawing. Having watched the setup and tear down video numerous times, I can set and pack this tent (by myself) quicker than the Eureka. All of my buds with this tent travel solo. Of course there are lots of good tents from Full Throttle Camping and REI. See you down the road.

I got a new Eureka! Intorrest 2 on ebay for $70, (retails for $179). Packs down to 6 1/2"x16", though the stuff sack is actually about 20" long, so it fits the foot print as well. Full rain fly, aluminum poles, 2 doors/vestibules, top vents and plenty of storage pockets. They do not make a foot print for it, but the REI Half Dome 2 is the same size, so I was able to get a foot print from them. The height isn't as tall as some, but the design keeps the width fairly full all the way up. It is a new design, so not many reviews on it yet, but I am very happy with it so far. Have not been in a heavy rain with it yet, we'll see.......

I have several tents, but usually take the Eureka Apex on the bike....especially when weight and size are an issue.

The tent packs to 5" x 16" and weighs only 4.3 lbs.

I spend as little time in the tent as possible...basically a place to sleep.

I can put the tent, a couple small inflatable pillows, a sleeping bag liner, a full size bed sheet, an inflatable ground pad, a small hammer and a tiny battery powered fan in a medium dry bag that is easy to secure to the bike. Everything I need to set up camp is in one place. If the tent is wet when time to break camp, I put it in a plastic bag to keep the other stuff dry.

Eureka makes more than one size of the Apex...I have the smallest. When I bought it it was rated for 2 people. In my opinion there is just enough room for one overweight old guy like me.

It can be purchased for about $80.

Minimal size and minimal comfort and space. But it will keep you dry.

Back