• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW Stunt Rider Teach McNeil

ANDYVH

Teach McNeil was at Nick's BMW in Depere Wi this weeked and put on a great show! The level of capability a professional stunt rider has is impressive. Even if, like me, you hate to see the squidly actions of stunter wanna-bees on the highways. Along with Teach he had Leah Peterson, a female stunt rider on her ZX6R bike, Leah has only been riding in total for five years and she shows a lot of riding capability with all sorts of standing wheelies.

He did his stunts on a F800GS complete with Twisted Throttle adventure style bags and top box, and on a S1000RR. But he also used our demo K1600GTL to do wild burnouts (DTS deactivated of course) and some impressive wheelies. What is really impressive is the rolling/turning stoppies he does on both the F800GS and S1000RR. But when a group of young guns showed up on thier various mid-sized sport bikes, he started the show by giving them types on how to ride and look less like a squid. Kinda contrary to the whole premise of the show, but he had a captive audience to teach them something.

I got a change to ride Teach's modified F800GS, modified in that it has a 17" front wheel/tire in place of the stock 21". The bike was still very stable even up to 60 mph, and on the sport bike rubber I was easily able to nearly drag the saddlebags in tight turns. Fun stuff. If you get a change to see Teach in action, you'll be surprised and impressed.

Teach McNeil was at Nick's BMW in Depere Wi this weeked and put on a great show! The level of capability a professional stunt rider has is impressive. Even if, like me, you hate to see the squidly actions of stunter wanna-bees on the highways. Along with Teach he had Leah Peterson, a female stunt rider on her ZX6R bike, Leah has only been riding in total for five years and she shows a lot of riding capability with all sorts of standing wheelies.

He did his stunts on a F800GS complete with Twisted Throttle adventure style bags and top box, and on a S1000RR. But he also used our demo K1600GTL to do wild burnouts (DTS deactivated of course) and some impressive wheelies. What is really impressive is the rolling/turning stoppies he does on both the F800GS and S1000RR. But when a group of young guns showed up on thier various mid-sized sport bikes, he started the show by giving them types on how to ride and look less like a squid. Kinda contrary to the whole premise of the show, but he had a captive audience to teach them something.

I got a change to ride Teach's modified F800GS, modified in that it has a 17" front wheel/tire in place of the stock 21". The bike was still very stable even up to 60 mph, and on the sport bike rubber I was easily able to nearly drag the saddlebags in tight turns. Fun stuff. If you get a change to see Teach in action, you'll be surprised and impressed.

He is amazing to watch!

Had the chance to talk with both "Teach" and Leah during down-time. Very personable folks. Also spent some time watching videos of Moto GP from Assen, exchanging comments on the race. Small crowd, great show, though.

Definitely, Teach and Leah are great representatives for popular motorcycling that gets the attention of the younger set. But moreso there are both really nice basic people to talk to.

Got some tips from Teach on learning how to wheelie. Still gotta learn to do that on my DRZ400E so I can handle some of the trail stuff better than I do now.

Those pics are the same F800GS I rode. Teach has KTM hubs front and rear, laced up to 17" rims to mount current sport bike tires. Wasn't squirrely at all and turned in very easy, stable right to the edges of the tires. Gets me to thinking of a monster Supermotard F800GS for ripping around town would be a TON of fun. Watching Teach drag the top box for about five feet during a wheelie was impressive. Scared the crap outta me though when he'd lock and skid the front tire for over 15 feet while going at least 30 mph. He did that many times. wild.

Saw him a few weeks ago at Max BMW in New Hampshire. Overall very impressed with him.
Yes he's a stunt rider
A Latin teacher by profession
very likeable and easy to talk to
explained to me about riding very slow using rear brake and clutch
total control of his motorcycles
great show
great confidence in his ability, very positive
all the dealership employees seemed to really like him and work with him

Just my impressions!:clap

I've seen him at Gina's BMW in Iowa City a couple times and he puts on a good time.

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

Obviously highly skilled. However, where's the appropriate pants and boots?
What exactly is he teaching young impressionable people? (That's sarcasm if you missed it) .

I've wondered that myself. My guess is the sneakers and jeans allow him better feel as he's moving around on the bike.

At least he wears a lot more than any squid on the road.

I watched him and Leah prep for the show and each were wearing protective armour under their riding gear.

Back