• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Lockers available at the rally?

frenchnew

This is going to be my first rally ever and I will be at an Hotel offsite and ride averyday to the rally (54 year old kid from Prevost (30 miles from Montreal), Canada)

Are there lockers available on the rally grounds to secure helmet, jacket pants and boots?

I just want to know so that I can plan things ahead of time.

This is going to be my first rally ever and I will be at an Hotel offsite and ride averyday to the rally (54 year old kid from Prevost (30 miles from Montreal), Canada)

Are there lockers available on the rally grounds to secure helmet, jacket pants and boots?

I just want to know so that I can plan things ahead of time.

Glad to hear you are going to make your first MOA Rally! Be sure to check in at the Ambassador Booth when you enter what we call the MOA Building / Columbia Hall. They will have some goodies for first timers. Also, even though it's your first rally, consider volunteering to help out, you can take your choice of many opportunities to help by visiting the Volunteer Booth in the same building. It's a good way to get involved, and to meet new folks.

There aren't any lockers for securing gear at the rally, and though I can't guarantee anything, there is rarely any theft issues to worry about amongst our BMW community. Many folks will be camping on site, all folks attending must register and have a wristband, and we do have our own security team as part of the volunteer effort. If you're still concerned, consider using a bicycle type cable with loops at each end, run it through your jacket sleeve, and through the helmet D-ring, then lock it with a small padlock to a handy point on your RT. I'm thinking your boots will have to take their chances....

Looking forward to a great rally.

This will be my third National, and in my limited experience, would say security shouldn't be an issue. I'd be more concerned about security off-site and take my usual precautions when out riding the local roads. Only registered rally goers have access to the rally grounds and you'll see lots of GPSes and other farkles on bikes that aren't necessarily secured. Your saddlebags would probably be sufficient if you want to keep things like your boots out of sight. There will be lots of jackets, helmets, tank bags etc sitting on bikes and I don't worry about losing mine. Enjoy the rally and the ride out and back. :nod

I'm on #26th+ rally:)

I don't remember how many exactly I've been too! 60 now. All have been great fun. WELCOME from Canada:). I ditto the cable lock and carry one too, but frequently find myself NOT using it. Its more around areas I find myself out of sight of my bike and cities where the bike and gear are more exposed to non biker folks. A m/c cover works wonders too, out of sight, out of mind thing:). Enjoy your ride West. Randy

Thank you all for your help.

I will check in and propose myself as a volonteer.

frenchnew (AKA Robert Charron)

Wear your old stuff,then if someone takes it (Not gonna happen) you have a reason to buy from the vendors.Been to a few rallies and never had any problems,i leave my helmet jacket etc.. On the bike.Last year at Sedalia i forgot to take the key out and left it for three days before i knew it.Ed

I been to quite a few Nationals and regional rallies since 1988. I leave the key in the bike, its there from the time I arrived the rally until Sunday am. When ever I take the key out of the bike it usually takes me an hour to find it Sunday am. You can leave gear, gps, and whatever on the bike and nobody will mess with it. They will move it if rain is coming.

I'm finding this info very helpful as I'm trying to build up inventory for my new startup company

"Midnight Used BMW Cycles And Parts":D

I have only been to one international rally , MO last year. Left my bike and gear as I wondered about and really never gave a thought to it being stolen. Can't remember if I left the key in the ignition

Most likely to be stolen....

I've never had a problem either. I've heard beer is the number one thing most likely to be stolen. I would recommend to buy extra for your new friends. :)

beer and firewood - #1 and #2

I was at the GR3 (Madison Wisconsin BMW Club) rally this year, and while "free" campfire wood was provided all weekend, someone did have the stack of firewood stolen from beside their tent. So I guess beer and firewood more likely to be taken than expensive BMW gear. LOL

Thanks

Thanks for the tips. This is my first MOA National rally too. I've been to a number of our local club rallies (LOEBMWR in Sipapu NM) but not a national rally.

Glad to hear you are going to make your first MOA Rally! Be sure to check in at the Ambassador Booth when you enter what we call the MOA Building / Columbia Hall. They will have some goodies for first timers. Also, even though it's your first rally, consider volunteering to help out, you can take your choice of many opportunities to help by visiting the Volunteer Booth in the same building. It's a good way to get involved, and to meet new folks.

There aren't any lockers for securing gear at the rally, and though I can't guarantee anything, there is rarely any theft issues to worry about amongst our BMW community. Many folks will be camping on site, all folks attending must register and have a wristband, and we do have our own security team as part of the volunteer effort. If you're still concerned, consider using a bicycle type cable with loops at each end, run it through your jacket sleeve, and through the helmet D-ring, then lock it with a small padlock to a handy point on your RT. I'm thinking your boots will have to take their chances....

Looking forward to a great rally.

Back