• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Operating My Radio On Battery

robija10

Red Bone
I have a 2012 K1600GT and I'm unable to figure out how to turn on the radio without having the entire ignition on. Is there an ACC function that allows the use of the radio without having to turn the ignition to on? My dealer had no other suggestion other than just turning on the ignition which also has the halo lights come on.

Thanks for any ideas

I have a 2012 K1600GT and I'm unable to figure out how to turn on the radio without having the entire ignition on. Is there an ACC function that allows the use of the radio without having to turn the ignition to on? My dealer had no other suggestion other than just turning on the ignition which also has the halo lights come on.

Thanks for any ideas
Welcome to the forum! I'm not familiar with the controls/features on that bike but I will move your question to the K1600 part of the forum so you can get the answer you need.
Good luck, any questions- just ask.
Gary

The user manual for the R1200RT audio system contains ...

To switch on the audio system on with the ignition switched off, press the ON button immediately
after switching off the ignition.

The audio system remains on for approximately 20 minutes, then automatically switches itself off.

Press the ON button immediately after automatic switch-off to restart the 20 minute countdown.

Doesn't yours?

Just tried that on my K1600GT. It did not work. Oh Well. The dealer says that BMW doesn't want you operating your radio with the ignition off because it will drain the battery.

Back