• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Helmet Touchup Paint

andreb

I presently have four helmets in different sizes and colors, a mix of Shoei and Nexx. Like all helmets, they accidently fall to the pavement, usually while I am standing by the bike, the helmet is not secure, and I am getting ready to stop or start. Therefore they always have nicks or chips. In a few spots, if I drop them enough times, I can see through to the underlying shell.

So, does anyone know where to get matching paint? The ones I can find are always a different hue of color, or are not gloss, and stand out. I've checked out a few manufacturer websites and no one offers them. I have just tolerated it for years and I can say it adds character but when I drop my brand new shiny helmet and take a chip out, it really annoys me.

I thought if you can see threw the chip or crack into the underlying shell it is time for new helmet, and maybe coat that one with bedliner.

He said , "I can see through to the underlying shell." I was thinking it is more than a chip in the paint.

He said , "I can see through to the underlying shell." I was thinking it is more than a chip in the paint.

Not to be a smart xxx but the shell is "all there is" under the paint. As in , chipped paint vs. crack or gouge. My new car showed its 1st rock chip when I washed it other day and e.g., metal was showing,ugh.

I think it is obvious. The true solution is to dip my helmets into red and yellow bed liner goop. No more worries.

Back