• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Airflow 4 question

sailorlite

What is the purpose of the two elastic straps on the inside of this fine jacket?

The jacket itself is excellent in terms of airflow, fit and comfort, and construction quality - but those two interior straps just get in the way when putting it on. I'm tempted to just cut the straps out of there but maybe there is a good reason to keep them. I've heard they're supposed to be used to carry the jacket backpack-style around the campsite or when hiking, but if so, why are they so elastic and non-adjustable? Maybe they have something to do with fit or with "non-flapping".

So, keep or cut? I have a feeling I'm supposed to know something which I don't.

Keep them if you ever want to sell the jacket.

I think I got my arm in one once, but otherwise they are of little consequence to me.

There's no mystery--the literature describes the intended function.

Airflow Jacket Straps

They are to carry the jacket around open by using your shoulders while freeing your hands to do other things. I find them extremely convenient in warm weather when stopped to get something in the convenience store or the like. They ensure that I don't have to leave the jacket draped over the bike or carry it under my arm while doing other things.

Kent

Back