• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Ardys Kellerman

This where she passed? Lost my good friend Lyle Grimes in Louisiana too. The South is taking a toll:(. Nothing against the South as I am from there.

Being from the South and Alabama, I find your statement interesting... so if you do the math and add the motorcycle deaths of Louisiana, Mississippi, Georgia, Alabama...together that would equal the deaths in California along...however Florida does exceed California in the same time frame. Looking at the data, many of our Northern friends have only have limited riding time due to weather, unlike the South and California, where we can ride year round...

Looks like no state or area is immune from motorcycle deaths.

http://exchange.aaa.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Motorcycle-Fatalities-by-State.pdf

At 11 AM on July 24 Family and Friends will gather at St. Luke's Episcopal Church, 99 Peirce Street, in East Greenwich, RI to celebrate the life of Ardys Kellerman, or as we know her, Queenie.

I can't be there. Physically. But I can send my energy there.

And you can too. I propose we all, at 11 AM EDT on that day, stop what we are doing and tell your favorite Ardys story. To whomever appears in front of you. If you, like Ardys, prefer to be riding, I propose that when you stop for gas or whatever, you tell the next person who appears in front of you an Ardys story. I can see this happening all over the world. A fitting tribute to our dearest friend. Because you didn't have to know her well to be her friend. She had friends everywhere. Instantly.

And, if you'd like you can email me your story at voni@bigbend.net and I promise to share it with her family.

Voni Glaves
sMiling

Please copy and share the above. Her first favorite daughter, her favorite daughter and her other favorite daughter would love to have you join in.

The loss of such a beloved member of our BMW family causes us all to morn.

Condolences to her family and many, many friends.:cry

FundRaiser for Queenie

Lone Star is collecting donations to help Ardys Kellerman's family in Rhode Island with the unexpected expenses associated with her loss. 110% of all donations received will be used to help Ardys' family with the costs of closing up her residence here in Texas and returning her personal property to her daughters. Ardys had many friends all over the United States. Please share this fundraising request with those friends who may not see it here. Any donation, large or small will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Please send your donations to the following address:
Queenie c/o Robert Krull
Lone Star BMW / Triumph
10600 N Lamar Blvd
Austin, TX 78753
Please make your checks payable to: Robert Krull

You may also use PayPal or a major credit card to make a donation. You may donate directly to our email address: info@lonestarcycle.com or click the donate button below. Thank you.

http://www.lonestarcycle.com/

While you're there you can view some wonderful pages Remembering Ardys

Voni

Taken at the RA Rally in Vermont, 2010.

_DSC0649-XL.jpg

Thanks Voni,i was looking for that.Hugs to you for the loss of a dear friend,and if you see her girls give them one from me.Ed

I never met Ardys, but I grew to admire her and her exploits as I learned more about her. Since her death I've learned even more about her riding accomplishments; for example, completed 4 Iron Butt Rallys and a 4 corners ride in 19 days while taking in a rally for a few days along the way. But one thing that stands out about her is how she does not look the part of the tough, tried and true long distance rider she was. If one were to have run into Ardys at a grocery store one would have been more likely to think she needed help steering her cart then to have realized she could ride 80,000 + miles in six months and 100,000 + miles in a year. Just another example of not being able to judge a book by the cover.

The year she rode 84,000+ miles in the MOA mileage contest Voni and a few others encouraged her to keep riding to get over 100,000 in the year. She did. She completed the year at 103,000 something. On the last day of that year, as she was gassing her bike to ride home, a guy walked up to her and said to her, "Aren't you a little old to be riding that thing".

The amazing thing is that she let him live! :)

Oh no!

Not Ardys!! Shocking news! I am so very sorry to hear this news today. I loved to have a talk with her at all the different rallies she was at that I attended too. She went to millions more rallies than me as she rode her million miles. And Voni is so right....a million 'smiles' is what she brought! I loved the daughter's T-shirts last year at Sedalia and my sincerest sympathies go out to all Ardys' family.

I will now go to Lonestar site and donate in Ardy's memory.

Sue
Meaford, ON

Saturday at 2 PM we'll be having a gathering to remember Ardys at The BMW MOA International Rally in Salem. Location is the small stage behind the beer garden. We'll tell our Ardys stories and remember our dear friend.

Please join us.

Voni

Today we'll be in Rhode Island in Spirit

And at 11 AM EDT we'll be stopping our ride in Idaho
and telling Ardys stories to whomever we meet.

Hope you do too!

Her family will sense the energy of people remembering her all over the world!

Voni AND
Paul

Ardys Kellerman / John Ryan Memorial R-T-E

I am posting this on behalf of Jim Shaw, who is organizing this RTE in memory of John Ryan and Ardys Kellerman on Saturday June 27th. 2015
This information is taken from http://www.ldriders.com/calendar.html
Hope to see many LD riders there.

"It is a tragic coincidence that riding legend Ardys Kellerman was taken
from us on June the 24th, which is also the birthday of riding legend, John
Ryan. Both good folks spent extended stays at the house, here in Hinckley,
Ohio. Both enjoyed lunches at the Diamond Deli, in downtown Akron, Ohio.

This year, I again propose a Ride-To-Eat at the Diamond Deli on the weekend
just following that day – on Saturday, June 27th. That is the weekend just
after Fathers' Day and the weekend before U.S. Independence Day, making a
kitchen pass possibly easier to obtain. The R-T-E is to honor these two
legendary riders, and to remember them.

Diamond Deli is owned by a friend, who remembers John's many visits. The
Deli is open from 11am until 7pm on Saturdays. There is generally plenty of
on-street parking in front.

Feel free to invite all solo riders and small groups, especially friends of
Ardys and John to join in.

Diamond Deli, Akron, Ohio 27 June 2015 - Noon or so.

http://diamonddeli.us/"

Back