• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Ardys Kellerman

I never had the privilege of meeting Ardys, but, over the years, reading about her accomplishments has been an inspiration to a guy rapidly approaching 70. She will be missed in our community, but her example will live on.

I had read several posts/articles about Ardys previously but had never had the pleasure to meet her in person. While working the gates for Sedalia last year I noticed a bike coming throught that was loaded down for a long trip and piloted by a lady who really looked the part. I remember asking Kevin Greenwald if that was Ardys Kellerman...."yep..the one and only." Got a chance to stop and say a brief hello. Very neat lady!

Sympathies to her family.

God speed Ardys. May the roads be twisty, the skys blue, and you next ride never needs tires or gas. I am glad I got to meet you, and hope maybe I get half as many Smiles as you did.

Well done.

Sending good thoughts to her family.

Is there going to be some memorial service lots of BMW's can attend.

Rod

I am saddened to read this news. Ardys was a remarkable woman and an inspiration to many. I never had the pleasure to meet her but having read Voni Glave's story after they rode their millionth mile together I do believe Ardys lived her life to the fullest and exactly the way she wanted.

Rest in peace Ardys Kellerman.

::: A New Star in the Heavens :::

1002231_10151747281874810_385644845_n.jpg

My condolences to ARDYS family. I first met this rider at last years Georgia Mountain Rally and then again at the Chromeheads gathering during Daytona bike week this year. Sad news indeed. RIP ARDYS

RIDE SAFE

A wonderful lady. I'm glad to have had the chance to meet her. I remember the picture of her and her daughters last year in Sedalia, in which each daughter was wearing a T-shirt that said, "Mom likes ME best!"

I was fortunate to meet Ardys at several rallies and she always had that mischevious grin that would light up the whole room. She inspired me to ride far and often- condolences go out to her daughters Sue, Ellen and family.

Ardys was a wonderful role model for all women motorcyclists and a true inspiration for women of a certain age who, through her influence, had the courage to get on the bike and ride. Thank you Ardys.

Ardys Kellerman certainly lived a full life - from the story I'd read, IIRC, she was a single mom, worked for a long time in the electronics industry and had a passion for adventure and travel by motorcycle. She accomplished a lot and leaves behind a wonderful legacy of being a handful of women to rack up over one million miles on two wheels.

I'm sorry for her loss. If I get to choose "how" I leave this place, I'd rather go fast than sit and wither away in a nursing home! She touched the lives of many!

In one of our chats, I asked how she decided a days ride was over...she replied " when I start ducking when I go under an overpass" Classic line!

For the last few years, I often thought about that reasoning at the end of a long day and I was crossing under an overpass... Her face always crosses my thoughts at those moments...and forever will.

We will miss her greatly.

The loss of Ardys strikes all of motorcycling areas. She was one of a kind and a wonderful human being. Our deepest sympathies to her family and close friends.
Gin Shear and Sue Slate, Women's Motorcyclist Foundation, INc.

A sad day for our club, and for the motorcycling community. She had more guts at 82 than this 46 year old.......

Alabama!

This where she passed? Lost my good friend Lyle Grimes in Louisiana too. The South is taking a toll:(. Nothing against the South as I am from there. Never met Ardy's, but Legends are made and heard about all over the planet. Wish I had met her. She certainly profiles the Legend Status. A few great folks live life so full and spirited, we just are in AWE of their ability to live it so:). Ardy's makes all our lives richer, before and forever more. 80 some years old and what a smile:). How could you not love that. RIP, my Friend I never met. Our miles added will always be in your shadow. Look over us:). Randy

Ardys Kellerman certainly lived a full life - She accomplished a lot and leaves behind a wonderful legacy of being a handful of women to rack up over one million miles on two wheels.

I'm sorry for her loss. If I get to choose "how" I leave this place, I'd rather go fast than sit and wither away in a nursing home! She touched the lives of many!

+1 on that.

You'll be missed Ardys
:cry

I met Ardys a couple of times. I found her to be a very trusting and giving person. She will be missed by many.

Back