• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Speedo Repair

speedo repair

I just had the speedo for my 81 R100 EML recalibrated for wheel size, had the always optimistic speedo reset and had the non functioning odometer/trip odometer repaired by Terry Vrla in Hillsboro OR.. Work is good and price is reasonable and I believe he is close to you. He can be reached at terryvrla@hotmail.com or his phone number is 503 421 5782.

I've used Overseas speedometer with good results.There is also a guy over on Adventurerider.comcalled Wirespokes,his name is Terry.I have his contact info if you want it. I traded him an old broken gauge for some work. He is always looking for speedo parts.

There is also a guy over on Adventurerider.comcalled Wirespokes,his name is Terry.I have his contact info if you want it.

Terry's contact info is in the speedometer section of the link in my signature line.

Another plus vote for wirespokes, Terry, from the ADVRIDER. COM forum. He's much more reasonable than the big houses and he does excellent work.

Had a good experience with:

Overseas (Austin)- http://www.speedometer.com/

Good Luck

A bit of a late response but I used these guys for the speedo on my 83 R80RT back in '88 or '89. They did a great job. The speedo on that bike was around seven mph optimistic. When they got through with it, it was as spot on as I could measure. Nice to know they're still around!

FWIW! :)

Ride Safe,
Steve R.

Overseas speedo

I had him rebuild tach with broke needle and speedometer. I now have the most accurate speedo in the group I ride with. Used to be 10mph off, reading fast. Now compared to Garmin it is 1mph slow to dead on. Not bad for a 1974 /6.

Back