• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Early arrival question

Ziggy

Unemployed Deity
My wife and I are going to volunteer this year. I see that volunteers may register Wed pm, but I also see a volunteer appreciation dinner evening. If we were inclined to come Tues, would we be allowed to throw down a tent for Tues nite?

Volunteer Dinner

The volunteer dinner is for the people who help with rally set-up on Tuesday. I am planning for food for 200 people.
Sue

yeah, i was wondering the same, i'm planning on arriving wed night (late, probably 9ish, i'm gonna leave MA early that morning) and i've signed up to do some volunteering (beer garden, etc) would i be able to get in that time on a wed night?

HiYo Tuesday?

This is the first I'd heard(?) that Tuesday is possible. Even at this late point, Is a 1200 Tuesday arrival to help in any capacity, acceptable? I can still arrange to do that. TNX <<<)))

Same question...

I don't see a rally chair for setup volunteers, or anything similar. Is there a need on Tuesday for setup help? If so, would it be ok to pitch a tent Tuesday nite?

Last edited:
Early Set-up

Ziggy said:
....... Is there a need on Tuesday for setup help? If so, would it be ok to pitch a tent Tuesday nite?

Answers: We do not need any more volunteers for Tuesday. And actually, we would REALLY prefer it if riders would NOT try to enter the rally grounds any earlier than Wednesday.
Remember folks - the rally starts on THURSDAY.

As it is, I suspect we will be over-flowing with a lot of riders wanting to get in early ... and actually, EXPECTING to get in early. sigh. So come early if you must. But don't get your undies in a bundle if you are asked to move your tents, or asked to set-up in an sunny, dry location. Setting the rally up is a big task and having a lot of vacationing guests hanging around in "Rally-Mode" can make the job a lot tougher.

Sometime over cocktails, remind me to tell you a story about what happened in Midland (2000 Rally) when a group of drunken, rowdy early arriving guests were asked to relocate....

Once bitten, twice shy.
Thanks for understanding.

Sue

Wednesday it is...

I'll continue fishing for a place to volunteer. Got a few hooks out, sure I'll snag sumthin' eventually. Trolling out of here - putt putt putt putt putt....
- Steve

Back