• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Indian Head Motel Winamac Indiana

rx35285

Looking for a recommendation for a motel in or near Winamac. Anyone have experience with the Indian Head Motel and care to comment? Other suggestions? Need a place to stay after visiting Kerstings Cycle Center and Museum.

Thanks in advance
Dave

What your next Destination

Not a lot near the museum (well worth the stop). Some bigger towns not too far away. Might be more options on going to next bigger town, and finding a place.

Staying near Kersting's museum

I ended up going on to Rochester and the Comfort Inn - not cheap or a lot of character, but the covered portico was nice during the night time and morning thunderstorms. Staff was friendly and helpful.

One of the Kersting's store employees suggested the Astoria Inn, Knox but it was more expensive than the Comfort Inn.

I would like to make more use of mom and pop motels to support local business and maybe save a few $$, but I find I usually need to see the property or get a recommendation before committing.

I agree the Kersting's museum is worth the visit. Shoot, visiting with Mr. Kersting was worth more than the price of the $5 admission.

Kersting worth the Ride

I try and get a group ride down there every couple of years. Being out in nowhere, it is a great find.

I try and use local restaurants, but have had too many bad experiences with smaller motels. Some in the past must of been nice but after 20 different owners, they can go down hill. So I use internet and find a change with free breakfast. I do find some change motels to be bad too, I tend to avoid '8', rooms where bad and for a breakfast, a jug of milk, box of cereal and a few apples.

When I was at the Studebaker Museum last month, I meet 3 guys for Canada. They had just been to the Gilmore Museum (Michigan) for the Vintage Bike day. There next stop was Auburn Museum, I told them about Kersting's and not sure if they made that one.

Back