• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Adventure designs tool kits

dbaliko

I stumbled upon The Adventure Designs website and it looks like they have pretty comprehensive quality tool tool sets for BMW specific models. Has anyone bought one of these sets and what do you think of them? Depending on the feedback I'm thinking of getting one to carry on my RT as it looks like all that I would need to carry besides zip ties, duct tape, etc.

Doug

I have one for my 2012 RT. Takes a lot of the guesswork out of things; it's been nice to know that I've got the right sparkplug puller, that I have every extension and bit in one place, etc, rather than grubbing together a kit from my drawers.

The folding funnel is handy, too.

Everything in the kit is well made. I also carry a mini TengTool ratchet set and a Wiha ball-end Torx wrench set: great for the tupperware.

I also have the kit for my RT and have no regrets. The kit is costly but contains all necessary tools to accomplish the majority of service and road side repairs that the average enthusiast will entertain doing on their own.

Scot

I also have one. I striped it down to the appropriate tools I would use on the road for my RT and dumped the tool roll for a small zipper bag that's far more compact and since it zips closed, it contains the smaller tools better.

Recommended.

Nice guys:)

I've bought from them many times, good folks and at many rallies. Likely in Salem this year, too. Cruz Tools is another brand, makes similar tool kits for specific BMWs. I have neither but have interest. My old Airhead has a very good tool kit of yesteryear(1970s) when BMW gave us such with bikes and I use it. Works great. Randy

I have the Adventure Designs toolkit. Use it for servicing my bike in the garage and also on the road. I found it clumsy to use the socket to extend the ratchet handle, etc. and replaced with a longer ratchet wrench. Doing it again, would probably buy from craftsman for basic tools and amend for my R1200GS.

Back