• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Food Vendors at Rally site

chrisogden

Hi, this will be my first MOA Rally.

I've looked everywhere I can think of, including searching the "Rally" section, FAQs and the forum, but I can't find any reference to who will be providing food at the fairgrounds? what type, how much, etc.

Anyone have a link to that or any information?

Thanks!

Chris Ogden
Los Angeles, CA

2012 RT
2006 GS

Chris?

Hope you're riding that GS to Hayfork camp July14th! FOOD? The rallies usually have LOTS to pick from on site. Last two years was so. Fast foods to some really good stuff. Maybe they will give us a list here:). Of course Salem is a capitol city with zillions of eating out options here. I understand the need for on site too, as MANY like the never leave the rally site eating and drinking. You party hard, stay in rally and enjoy. Its funny you ask, because some rallies, we've even had (local gov't)rules of engagement for food vendors to show up!!! I think Redmond was one and this is OREGON again? I hope the fairgrounds in Salem has good views in this regard, let us eat on site? A good question, lets hear an answer for SALEM! Randy

Here's the current list of food vendors that are signed up for the rally but it's a work in progress so there will be additions. The food descriptions are general and not a complete listing of vendor offerings.

In the food court around the beer garden
Golden Grill Catering -Hawaiian Style food
Iggy's Catering -breakfast - scrambled eggs pastries, pancakes,; lunch hamburgers, grilled chicken, sliders; dinner- grilled steak, spare ribs, pork loin, tri tip, prime rib.
Happy Eddie's Pronto pups - biscuits & gravy, hash browns, breakfast pups, FF, chips, popcorn
ESCAPE (Exchange club charity) - Breakfast Burritos, stuffed baked potatoes, fresh fruit pies, turkey sandwich
Cucajuba - Coffee, Fruit turnovers, fruit smoothies
Wooden Nickel Catering ? Full meal buffet menu varies by day.
Dajoy's Kettle Corn - kettle corn
Paradise shaved Ice - shaved ice.
BBQ Blues ? Texas style BBQ
JL Concession - Sandwiches, fries, elephant ears, deep fried various items (oreo's, etc), breakfast
Grammie?s Treats ? Ice cream, homemade cookies

Inside Columbia Hall and between Columbia and Jackman Long buildings
Julian Concessions - sausage w/kraut, hot dogs, nachos, drink, ice cream, shaved ice.

In the camping area near the FFA building
Oregon Dairy Women - ice cream, malts, milk

You should be able to find something in there you like.

Paul Mulhern
Food Vendor Chair

Thanks Paul;

Nice answer:). Keep em coming. When we don't ride , we eat:). GS Giants draw big appetites! Randy

On the road?

You and Barley on the road? You had mentioned the RA Rally earlier? See ya in Salem:). NOW, Just how does Barley EAT on the road? I'd like to hear how and what you carry for him. Does he have a range in miles, before stopping? Always been fascinated by animals on the road on bikes:). Randy

You and Barley on the road? You had mentioned the RA Rally earlier? See ya in Salem:). NOW, Just how does Barley EAT on the road? I'd like to hear how and what you carry for him. Does he have a range in miles, before stopping? Always been fascinated by animals on the road on bikes:). Randy

Randy - we're starting out next Thursday, the 4th of July. Keeping an eye on the weather as our planned route looks horrible this week; hopefully it will clear before we hit the road. If not, well, we've been known to show a bit of flexibility in reaching our destination. Plus if the conditions are really bad and I feel my dog is not enjoying himself, I have no problem finding a nice campsite in the Rockies and just spending our vacation there. But Salem is the goal.

I carry about ten days worth of his regular kibble when we travel, and mail more to pitstops along the way so I can replenish every week or so. That's so Barley's tummy isn't upset by a sudden change in diet. But I'm not sure if it's worth the bother. Afterall, Barley kills and eats any snake or rodent he can get his fangs into, any people food he can guilt out of the people we meet, and here at home even cleans up after the sheep and chickens. His tummy seems pretty rock solid. I also share bits of my food with him. At Sedalia we shared soft-serve ice cream in the heat of the day.

His range varies by conditions. In rain, I zip up his side windows and take more frequent breaks because it's not as much fun being completely enclosed. In high heat we take frequent hydration breaks and practice the tenets of desert warfare training I learned in the Marines. The principles work on dogs too! On a good day we're on the road up to 14 hours, with several breaks and at least one nap of an hour or so. Like most BMW riders, when I feel my game slipping I take a rest stop. The highest mileage in a single day for us was when we left Sedalia at 4am with the goal of reaching more moderate temps to the east. We stopped for the day in Zanesville OH, which was just over 650 miles. We still had some miles in us, but after witnessing three road rage incidents on the Ohio Interstate, I thought discretion the better part of valor.

But traveling with Barley is about sharing the joy of life. If we see an interesting spot we stop. There are flowers to pee on, you know.

But traveling with Barley is about sharing the joy of life. If we see an interesting spot we stop. There are flowers to pee on, you know.

Okay..that's some funny stuff right there! I'm working late tonight and that made me laugh out loud.

Met Barley and his owner last year in the A/C at Sedalia. Wish I could do the same this year but Salem is not going to work so off to Paonia for Top of the Rockies instead.

Have a safe and enjoyable ride!

Mark

Here's the current list of food vendors that are signed up for the rally but it's a work in progress so there will be additions. The food descriptions are general and not a complete listing of vendor offerings.
[snip]
Paul Mulhern
Food Vendor Chair

Thanks, Paul, exactly what I was looking for!

Hope Salem works:)

Once in the West, you'll be fine with temps ranging all over the board. You probably know this already. We have much diverse riding conditions out here, from cold high peaks to desert hot to high desert and rains. ALL good. Our rains are not like yours at all, as we DRY so quick after a downpour in this dry Western clime:). Barley probably enjoys the difference too. Hope you make the crossing to Salem. I too, have been to all recent national rallies, never crossed paths. Visit us in GS Giants camp:). Promise Ill find something for Barley to EAT or treat on:) I'm also on a ranch here at home, with critters everywhere...Randy

Let's eat!

I was wondering the same thing too, this being my first national rally. Excellent. Thanks for the info.:thumb

In the food court around the beer garden
Golden Grill Catering -Hawaiian Style food
Iggy's Catering -breakfast - scrambled eggs pastries, pancakes,; lunch hamburgers, grilled chicken, sliders; dinner- grilled steak, spare ribs, pork loin, tri tip, prime rib.
Happy Eddie's Pronto pups - biscuits & gravy, hash browns, breakfast pups, FF, chips, popcorn
ESCAPE (Exchange club charity) - Breakfast Burritos, stuffed baked potatoes, fresh fruit pies, turkey sandwich
Cucajuba - Coffee, Fruit turnovers, fruit smoothies
Wooden Nickel Catering ? Full meal buffet menu varies by day.
Dajoy's Kettle Corn - kettle corn
Paradise shaved Ice - shaved ice.
BBQ Blues ? Texas style BBQ
JL Concession - Sandwiches, fries, elephant ears, deep fried various items (oreo's, etc), breakfast
Grammie?s Treats ? Ice cream, homemade cookies

Inside Columbia Hall and between Columbia and Jackman Long buildings
Julian Concessions - sausage w/kraut, hot dogs, nachos, drink, ice cream, shaved ice.

In the camping area near the FFA building
Oregon Dairy Women - ice cream, malts, milk

You should be able to find something in there you like.

Paul Mulhern
Food Vendor Chair

Back