• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Throttle Lock?

+1 on Go Cruise

The simple Go Cruise with no tension screw. Works fine. Again, gives you 2 or 3 minutes relief before it starts slowly losing its grip and speed drifts downward.
Use these for what they are made for, take some tension off the throttle, allow you to stretch out your arm or simply use your right hand to access a pocket. Bought ours from 'stitch for $14 on sale. Best deal in throttle control today.

Thanks guys, I know that nowadays bikes are available with actual electronic cruise-control but I really just want the ability to take my right hand off the grip for a few moments while cruising, I understand these types of throttle locks are not terribly accurate at retaining an exact speed for a long time but I've found a 30 second rest of the throttle hand can be a welcome thing on a long ride...

My thoughts exactly. I don't run down the road very far with my hand off the throttle. I've had/have electronic cruise controls on bikes but the simple throttle lock works just fine, if not better, for me.

I have a Throttlemeister on my 800S but Id rather have a thumb-operated mechanism.

Back