Thread: 2004 R1150RS Fuel tank Connector

Hybrid View

Moondog

2004 R1150RS Fuel tank Connector

Bought bike used recently and removed the tank to install farkle and found the tank connector it tough shape :

It was wrapped in electrical tape, holding the broken part of the connector and ty-wrap'd also. My question, is this connector available and are the any special tools needed to push pins out. I looked at Bob's fish but didn't recognize any of the connectors.

There is a tool, I'm just not sure where you'd find it. I've usually improvised.

If the female half is intact, mate the connectors, use a tie-wrap from end to end, and give it a wrap with tape, just like it was. In the meantime you could try drew at max BMW. You might try an electrical supplier who carries AMP.

It's taken me months to come up with three different O2 connector pairs but I think I'm just about there.

Try this link: http://www.powerandsignal.com/Images...Connectors.pdf. Snap-On and Mac have great connector kits for almost all makes.
    1997 R1100RT (Restored Basket Case) , 1981 KZ 440 LTD (Restored Basket Case)
    1986 K75S(the beutch), 1993 K1100RS (blown engine), 1997 Chev Short Box (4x4 with an LT1)
    "You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."

Oh, I should have mentioned, Cummins and International on the Maxx-Force engines use the same connectors. I got mine from the scrap pile at an International dealer.
    1997 R1100RT (Restored Basket Case) , 1981 KZ 440 LTD (Restored Basket Case)
    1986 K75S(the beutch), 1993 K1100RS (blown engine), 1997 Chev Short Box (4x4 with an LT1)
    "You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."

I have a connector and can supply you a pin extraction tool.
    PM me.
    '
    Ufda happens..........

It's all about the details.

Moondog
    Quote Originally Posted by GSAddict View Post
    I have a connector and can supply you a pin extraction tool.
    PM me.
    thanks