• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

THIS is Oregon:)

Polarbear

Polarbear
One of dozens of Volcanoes and a neat trail to the top of one. Don Burns and I share a rare picture, our bikes and he in this one. This is the Cascade Range just East of Salem, nearer to Redmond. A clear day here reveals maybe 3-4 volcanoes within sight. This trail happens to be GSA friendly, almost no pumice soft terrain that kills these bikes handling. Nice day and we reunite this year, as Don comes to Salem to ride again, meet up:), his bike, "WARTHOG" out of Colorado Springs, 1150GSA. RandyGSA1200.

Attachments

• Redmond Trip 2010 071.JPG
    Redmond Trip 2010 071.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 212
nice shot, here is one 100 miles east, the river you can barely see is the John Day. this was taken from Tamarack lookout north and east of Prineville, see you in July

Attachments

• dsco2951.jpg
    dsco2951.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 204
I really live in the wrong part of the country...

Keep the pics coming so i can live vicariously through you.

Oregon:)

I don't live in state but nearby in Cal.. I've never been disappointed riding Oregon:). This is near Tillimook, coastal loop, West of Hwy101:). Oregon Coast is Awesome. This little road byway is a narrow one laner in places and so worth discovering. You can see in this pic:). Randy

Attachments

• Trip to Gillette, Wy 100.jpg
    Trip to Gillette, Wy 100.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 141
I don't live in state but nearby in Cal.. I've never been disappointed riding Oregon:). This is near Tillimook, coastal loop, West of Hwy101:). Oregon Coast is Awesome. This little road byway is a narrow one laner in places and so worth discovering. You can see in this pic:). Randy

This that island seaward of Tillamook? I did 101 from Clatsop south a couple years back - rode the little narrow road and overnighted in Oceanside. The local eatery got a group of
Buell Ulysses (made near me in WI) riders while we were there...

...I had a grand time on that coast and will be back...

Yes:)

This is the only byway West of Tillamook, easy to find. I keep spelling that town wrong, sorry. Tillamook is correct. Unless they improved that road, it gets slightly narrow in sections. A fun time. Randy

The "Capes" are a must see.

Get out of Tillamook on hwy 131 west and see Cape Lookout / Cape Kiwanda / Netarts Bay and Pacific City.
If you're lucky you can catch the flat bottom Dory Boats sliding in on the surf and onto the beach right next to my FAVORITE pub... Pelican Pub Brewery. I spent a ton of time out there while my son was stationed at the USCG rescue station in Garibaldi, north of Tillamook.

http://www.yourlittlebeachtown.com/pelican
home.png

Edited to add...
Holy cow! I didn't even realize the Pacific City Dory Festival is July 20 - 21.
http://www.pcdorymen.com/index.html
Banner11%20copy.jpg

Last edited:
This is a great time of year in the Beaver State. Blue bird days, High temps yesterday in Portland in the low 80s but it cooled down in the evening into the mid 50s.
See you next week

Given the issues with temps in other parts of the country, maybe the rally should be permanently sited in the Northwest. :hide Temp forecast for the end of next week in Bremerton is highs in the mid 70s and lows in the mid 50s. There's a nice county fairgrounds between there and Silverdale. Slightly cooler for the Bellingham area.

Back