• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Turn signal indicator always on.

jcofwmburg

This just happened today. Left the house on my 74 R90/6. Turned the key to turn on the headlight and the turn signal indicator on the instrument cluster came on and stayed on. Everything functions. The turn signals work normally. What causes this? The light is on in any key position that other lights are on. It does not blink with the turn signals, it's just on all the time.

If you figure this one out let me know. My '75 R90/6 randomly does the same thing. I'm guessing connection on the instrument cluster flex circuit board. I haven't found the culprit on mine yet. The issue on mine comes and goes. As with yours all else works fine including turn signals.

May be time for a new flasher relay. There is an inexpensive option at your local NAPA if you're cheap like me. : )

You may also want to check your turn signal grounds (all the brown wires).

NAPA fix?

May be time for a new flasher relay. There is an inexpensive option at your local NAPA if you're cheap like me. : )

You may also want to check your turn signal grounds (all the brown wires).

As the turn signals work I don't think the ground connections are the problem. It may be the relay, probably is, but it's fairly new, replaced a year ago or so. Tried a "Airhead" fix from Matt Parkhouse but it didn't work well for me. So what is your NAPA fix?

Mine is intermittently on also. Then it works right for awhile. Seems to be related to the rain. After it dries out out it does it less. The turn signals are still working but I don't always know what they are doing. Started this symptom only a few days ago.

Back