• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

More questions for my K75 Brothers

:wave I want to change the trasmission and final drive. I bought some Bel-Ray Hypoid gear oil. 80W-90 the kid said that will work for the transmission and final drive. I just want to make sure this is the right weight before I change it out.
Also I need to know the right amount for the Trans and Final. Im assuming 4qts for the engine with new filter.
Thanks for your help Bros!:brow

I'll check my manual as to the exact quantities when I get home.

In your tool kit, you SHOULD have a factory shock preload adjusting tool. The handle of this tool is also the dipstick for checking the proper tranny oil level (there is a mark about 1/2" from the end). The final drive gets filled to the bottom of the filler threads.

You should try to pickup a Clymers manual for your bike and also a factory owners manual.

01 47 9 799 027 OWNERS HANDBOOK K75-K75RT - AB MJ.93, US (from 08/92) $21.42

:dance:dance:dance

80-90 is perfect, I like the synthetic, seemed to shift a little easier. .9 quarts in the tranny, .3 qt in the rear end. The oil level should be even with the lowest threads of the fill hole on the rear end. This is the tool you should have to check the gearbox.....

Attachments

• shockwrech.jpg
    shockwrech.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 70
80-90 is perfect, I like the synthetic, seemed to shift a little easier. .9 quarts in the tranny, .3 qt in the rear end. The oil level should be even with the lowest threads of the fill hole on the rear end. This is the tool you should have to check the gearbox.....

850cc in transmission

to bottom thread of fill hole in final drive

Im assuming 4qts for the engine with new filter.
Thanks for your help Bros!:brow[/QUOTE]

4QTS will probably overfill it. I put in 3 then run the engine to fill the filter. Then add a small amount at a time to bring the level to the center of the glass.

Back